Stomp I/O and Wah pedals

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Stomp I/O and Wah pedals

Postby audio4entertainment » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:40 pm

Am I missing something? Is there really no other way to toggle the Wah than to stomp on a switch? Isn't it supposed to come on automatically? From the manual:

3.4 Expression pedal
The on-board expression pedal send a MIDI Control Change message (CC#11) and it can be used to control, for example, a Wah pedal inserted in the AmpliTube rig ; the virtual switch (CC#26) turns on/off the Wah pedal.

Could someone please explain the "virtual switch CC#26"?
audio4entertainment

Re: Stomp I/O and Wah pedals

Postby dezible » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:21 pm

Seems like there has been no response to this post.
I have the same question.
I’m mostly using the stomp i/o with my ipad pro and I found out that if I assign the Wah’s on/off switch to the expression pedal it does automatically turn on/off, but it does so at the mid position, not the lowest position as would be desirable to have the full expression range available.
Also, the pedal only works if the Wah is assigned through the add dialog. If the Wah is dragged and dropped from another stomp position, it does not show the level bar in Position 5 and the pedal is not working properly. Is that a bug or a feature?
dezible

Postby noodles007 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:00 pm

ciao
stesso problema col wah. ho fatto la procedura per la calibrazione come da manuale ma non funziona il tasto virtuale on/off .
si vede solo la linea gialla dell apertura chiusura del wah ma non posso attivare o disattivare tenendo premuto a fondo il pedale d espressione come in realtà dovrebbe funzionare
noodles007

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:02 pm

Please contact support if the users of this forum do not have any input for your issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dezible » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:05 pm

For anyone who might have the same question in the future.
The Wah pedal has a switch after all, however it requires you to push it down with your toes and put quite some weight on it. I usually sit on a chair when using it, and that's why I never got it to work. Also there is no audible click or other tactile feedback when the switch is operated.
dezible

Postby Owensk42 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:22 am

Thanx this was driving up the wall
Owensk42

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling