Are the digital versions of the X-series pedals in AmpliTube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Are the digital versions of the X-series pedals in AmpliTube

Postby vinylrake » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:00 pm

the AmpliTube 5 page says it includes digital versions of the X-series physical pedals, but when I open my newly purchased AmpliTube 5 (purchased last month as the gateway into the anniversary bundle deal), the X-series pedals are 'locked'. i've reinstalled and restored my purchases a couple of times but the pedals remain locked.

anyone know if AmpliTube 5 is supposed to have those virtual pedals included or if the AmpliTube 5 product page is incorrect? ( https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... -5#thegear )

Based on the product page I thought the X-series pedals were included so that was part of why I even I bought AmpliTube 5 (i already owned the full version of AmpliTube 4).

I've registered all my other free bundle products except for 3 items and need to register those final 3 before Dec 1st. I'd prefer not to use those slots on pedals that are supposed to be in AmpliTube 5, but might if I have to.

any insight will be appreciated.
vinylrake

Re: Are the digital versions of the X-series pedals in Ampli

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:09 pm

They are not in AmpliTube 5. You can get them a la carte in Custom Shop or you get the software free with the hardware version of the corresponding pedal.

You can see comparison charts and the specific list of gear in each version of AmpliTube 5 on the main AmpliTube 5 page.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vinylrake » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:11 pm

Thanks for the information, but the webpage for AmpliTube says the X-series pedals are included in AmpliTube, when they aren't - they are only included in the Max version which I had to download a PDF to actually find out. IKM could easily have included that info on their web page like other developers do, it's almost like IKM is intentionally engaging in deceptive advertising by burying the information in a PDF you have to download. No, I take that back, it isn't 'almost' deceptive advertising it is outright deceptive marketing.

I think I am done with IKMultimedia from this point on. Between their installers only letting you install apps and resources on your boot drive (and sucking up 10s of GB of space) and this deceptive advertising it was an expensive lesson to learn but I learned my lesson so it will be easy to avoiding IKM products from now on, and I'll be sure to take every opportunity I find to share my experience.
vinylrake

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:38 pm

It says right near the top of the AmpliTube 5 page:

IK’s groundbreaking new AmpliTube X-GEAR pedals are now available inside AmpliTube 5. Demo X-SPACE, X-TIME, X-DRIVE and X-VIBE right in your studio. Save presets and transfer back & forth to the physical units.

Available, not included.

The page you linked has all of the gear available, including gear only in AmpliTube 5 MAX, Collections, etc. Nowhere on that page does it say that is included either. And, as already pointed out, the gear for each version is specified via the "Gear Included" links below each version.

Also, please see the posting guidelines for this forum at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 where if you are "quitting" IK those posts will be removed. For now this will be locked so you can see it and others can as well so they have the appropriate information and can see how it is absolutely not deceptive at all.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling