AmpliTube 5SE

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5SE

Postby djwishart » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:14 am

Hi, I am very new to this, but want to get into some hobby recording.
IK are offering the Amplitube 5SE for 30 euros which is around $70 Australian.
Is this module a stand alone or just an upgrade to a paid version.
At this stage I have only the free version of Amplitube 5 which offers very little....because its free, not complaining but I dont want to buy the SE version if it needs a paid version to work.
Cheers
djwishart

Re: AmpliTube 5SE

Postby Danny06 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Amplitube 5 SE is basically going to offer you more amps, speakers,stompboxes,mics, routing options,etc. than the free version. Each subsequent version will offer you more and more as the price goes up.SE is considered an upgrade to the free version and you don't need any special previous version to work if I'm understanding you correctly. You can also go the the custom shop if you don't want to purchase SE and try out different equipment and purchase items separately if you choose to do so. You can compare all the versions under the products page on this website. I'm fairly new to this as well but I think all my info is correct. Hope this helps.
Danny06

Postby djwishart » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:54 pm

Thanks for that info, appreciate the reply
Cheers
djwishart

Postby Danny06 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:26 pm

Of course, no problem.
Danny06

Postby Triton_Palace » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:16 am

G'day,

If you are just starting your journey into software models of amps etc. SE at A$70 is a great price.

It offers a lot more than the free version, keep checking IKM website because you often get other deals to get free gear (recently had an Orange amp and there has been others like Mesa Boogie) and also some good prices on artist models.

TP
Triton_Palace

Postby djwishart » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:29 am

Thanks for the tip, just starting, but a bit over the hill....starting very late.
Cheers
djwishart

Postby contactjod@gmail.com » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:41 pm

I just purchased this, already had free version. I don't think it is made clear what is/not included.

I still get hissing sounds when navigating I'm not even sure if I updated it properly.

I have authorised on ik app etc.
contactjod@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:05 pm

contactjod@gmail.com wrote:I just purchased this, already had free version. I don't think it is made clear what is/not included.

I still get hissing sounds when navigating I'm not even sure if I updated it properly.

The AmpliTube 5 page has a full comparison chart and specific lists of gear for each version. You can take a look there.

Also, you can filter what you own or do not (or both) via the Gear Selector which is also referenced in the manual (installed with the product https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1395 and available in your IK User Area and IK Product Manager).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby contactjod@gmail.com » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
contactjod@gmail.com wrote:I just purchased this, already had free version. I don't think it is made clear what is/not included.

The AmpliTube 5 page has a full comparison chart and specific lists of gear for each version. You can take a look there.

Also, you can filter what you own or do not (or both) via the Gear Selector which is also referenced in the manual (installed with the product https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1395 and available in your IK User Area and IK Product Manager).

When purchasing amp 5 se does the previous free version update or do I reinstall? There was no option to install it
contactjod@gmail.com

Postby DarkStar » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:44 pm

The software is the same. I suggest that you Unauthorize AT5 in the IK Product Manager then Register your new Serial Number and Authorize AT5. Then run the Custom Shop program, log in, click on your Account Name and select "Restore my Purchases".
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby contactjod@gmail.com » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:48 pm

contactjod@gmail.com wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

When purchasing amp 5 se does the previous free version update or do I reinstall? There was no option to install it

Thanks I'll try this. What is the customer shop program ? :lol:
contactjod@gmail.com

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling