Amplitube 5 Clean Sound

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Clean Sound

Postby pacificm » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:14 am

I'm using Amplitube 5 as a plugin with Ample Guitar SC in Digital Performer. The only thing I'm really using Amplitube 5 for at the moment is a virtual Contour Wah pedal in Amplitube 5.

When I play just Ample Guitar SC and Bypass Amplitube 5 the sound is clear and clean. However, when I turn the Bypass off and run the sound through Amplitube 5 the sound becomes distorted. It is not as clean and clear as when I Bypass Amplitube 5. Even if I turn down the volume either in Amplitube 5 or the amp in Amplitube 5, the sound is distorted.

How do you get a simple clean, clear sound to play through Amplitube 5?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
pacificm

Re: Amplitube 5 Clean Sound

Postby christopher.moyse » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:09 pm

Ample Guitar SC has an integrated amp simulation and AT5 *is* an amp simulator, so is it possible that you are running the two (simulated) amps in series, rather as if you had plugged the speaker output of a real amp into the guitar input of a second real amp? If so, the answer is to disable one of the pre/power/cab combos. If you are wanting only the wah effect from AT5, then the signal routing probably should be real guitar - sound interface - AT5 - Ample Guitar SC.
christopher.moyse

Re: Amplitube 5 Clean Sound

Postby pacificm » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:05 am

Thanks for your help!
pacificm

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling