Amplitube 5 Presets missing

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Presets missing

Postby Inter44jimmy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi, I have just installed my brand new Amplutube 5 Max and I do not see any preset in the
Amplitube program. I have checked and found out that the presets are stored in my user folder under \Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5.

The problem may be that the path to the presets is not correct. Does anybody or IK-Multimedia can tell me in which file I can change the path information to the preset folder?

Thanks in advance
Inter44jimmy

Re: Amplitube 5 Presets missing

Postby rockbandguy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:54 pm

I have the very same problem.
Did You already find a solution?
rockbandguy

Postby Inter44jimmy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:38 pm

Hi, no - it was not possible to solve the problem with the IK-Multimedia-Support so far. I had some contacts with them but there was no solution and the contact is broken now. I hope that they will understand the problem and solve it by an update. But I know that the support reads thr forum messages as well. So let them ask herewith for an update or another solution to our problem. Greetings .....
Inter44jimmy

Postby garfy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:27 pm

Hello Inter44jimmy

Inter44jimmy wrote:I have checked and found out that the presets are stored in my user folder under \Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5.

This is the correct location for the presets and is working fine in my system, with the latest version of AT5.

Inter44jimmy wrote:I had some contacts with them but there was no solution and the contact is broken now.

If you reply to your last email notification in the chain (even if it was you contacting them) saying that you have still not found a satisfying solution, IK Support will continue to work with you. Alternatively, please have a look at this guidelines thread that tells you what else you can do.

Inter44jimmy wrote:But I know that the support reads thr forum messages as well.

As a rule, IK Support does not look at the forum. Please continue to use the official routes.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby garfy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:32 pm

Hello rockbandguy

Please open a ticket with Official IK Support who will help you with your issues.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby rockbandguy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:02 pm

Think I solved it for me. Just look in this video:
https://youtu.be/W19pZHmbbWs
It was the toggle button on the right side of "Search gear".
rockbandguy

Postby rockbandguy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:03 pm

Inter44jimmy wrote:Hi, no - it was not possible to solve the problem with the IK-Multimedia-Support so far. I had some contacts with them but there was no solution and the contact is broken now. I hope that they will understand the problem and solve it by an update. But I know that the support reads thr forum messages as well. So let them ask herewith for an update or another solution to our problem. Greetings .....

Think I solved it for me. Just look in this video:
https://youtu.be/W19pZHmbbWs
It was the toggle button on the right side of "Search gear".
rockbandguy

Postby Inter44jimmy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:15 pm

... than you are a lucky guy - operation the toggle does not solve the problem in my application ... so I am still waiting for a solution ... cheers ...
Inter44jimmy

Postby gmr2048 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:56 pm

I know it's 2 years later, but maybe this will help someone else.

I just had the missing presets after installing AmpliTube 5 Max on a new Win10 PC. My issue was that when I installed AmpliTube 5, the installer required to run as the Admin account, so all the presets got installed under:

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5

When I ran Amplitube 5, I was running it as my User account, so it was looking in the wrong place for the plugins.

To fix it, I shut down AmpliTube 5, copied all the plugins from the Admin directory (above) to my User directory here:

C:\Users\Gary\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5

I restarted AmpliTube and it found all the expected plugins. Hope that helps someone.

Gary
gmr2048

Postby Garfield22 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:37 pm

Great many Thanx gmr2048!! You've just made my day. I have been chasing this issue for several days and was going to call IK support. My problem was the same the initial install was done under another user than the current user. Copy/paste the presets into the folder and Voilà, problem solved. Thanx again.
Garfield22

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling