X-Drive Pedal Question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

X-Drive Pedal Question

Postby rshadel211 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:44 am

When I buy the hardware version of the X-Drive pedal from the online store do I get access to the software version immediately or do I have to wait for the hardware pedal to arrive in the mail.

In other words, is the software license that comes with the hardware pedal available the moment I place my order, or is it some license password inside the box with the hardware pedal?
rshadel211

Re: X-Drive Pedal Question

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:56 pm

rshadel211 wrote:When I buy the hardware version of the X-Drive pedal from the online store do I get access to the software version immediately or do I have to wait for the hardware pedal to arrive in the mail.

In other words, is the software license that comes with the hardware pedal available the moment I place my order, or is it some license password inside the box with the hardware pedal?

You get the software version once you receive and register your hardware version.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rshadel211 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:50 am

Thanks for the reply! I ordered an X-Drive pedal after trying out the demo.
rshadel211

Postby rshadel211 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:59 am

The hardware X-Drive pedal arrived today and it appears to be DOA. When I plug it in the screen flashes for a moment then goes dark. No buttons or dials do anything.

Is it dead or does it just need a firmware upgrade? I am unable to hook it up to my computer because the cable supplied is regular USB and my Mac only has USB-C. I have an adapter coming tomorrow.

Should I hook it up to Librarian or just send it back?
rshadel211

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:38 am

rshadel211 wrote:The hardware X-Drive pedal arrived today and it appears to be DOA. When I plug it in the screen flashes for a moment then goes dark. No buttons or dials do anything.

Is it dead or does it just need a firmware upgrade? I am unable to hook it up to my computer because the cable supplied is regular USB and my Mac only has USB-C. I have an adapter coming tomorrow.

Should I hook it up to Librarian or just send it back?

Sorry to hear that. I would recommend contacting support and they will likely know exactly what to do (and they can process an exchange if necessary if you bought it from IK).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rshadel211 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:56 am

Well, IK delivered fantastic customer service!

I opened a ticket and they sent me out a replacement pedal and return shipping label for the bad unit, the same day I opened the ticket! I received the new pedal today, and it works great!

The only question I still have is regarding the “Librarian” function that allows me to transfer presets between the software and hardware versions. I am using AmpliTube 5 max that I had purchased previously. I never downloaded the free AmpliTube SE version that came with the pedal purchase.

So where do I find the Librarian?
rshadel211

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling