what are the main causes of digital artifacting in CS 4?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

what are the main causes of digital artifacting in CS 4?

Postby phjanak » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:04 am

what are the main causes of digital artifacting in Amplitube CS 4
I started using CS4 with a 15 year old PC with an intel Core Duo 2 . Only 4 gig ram. Never had an issue.

I recently upgraded to an all new very powerful PC . Im use an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor. That's comparable to an INTEL i7, But, I have 6 Cores and 12 threads
Motherboard is an ASUS TuF Gaming Asus X570 Pro Wifi with 64 gig ram. I cannot upgrade to CS 5 as it installs fine. But won't run and Support has no solution.
latest Windows 10. Focusrite 2i2 v2 interface

Using CS 4 was awesome with this rig. I haven't installed anything recently that might be a cause. But now, when I play my guitar. The plucked strings have this sort of rubbery sounding artifact at the point of contact between pick and string and also sliding over frets. This happens little to none with pure clean settings. But add a screamer or other pedal. and it pops up i tried mismatching volume, drive and gain levels between pedals and amps. doesn't seem to help I tried changing the input volume level in the sound settings of Windows 10. Oddly, even setting that to zero. Doesn't even make the sims impossible to play. String roximity to pickups? Your help is appreciated.

Could line interference cause this?
phjanak

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling