Hearing Direct Signal and Amp Simulation At The Same Time

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Hearing Direct Signal and Amp Simulation At The Same Time

Postby Decani8 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:53 pm

Hello,

As the title says I'm getting direct signal and amp simulation at the same time, with direct signal being much louder than the amp simulation. I'm using a Solid State Logis SSL2 USB Audio Interface. The monitor mix is set all the way to USB on the interface, so I know direct signal isn't coming from there. In amplitube, I made sure my input and output were both the SSL2 interface. I also made sure to disable the DI signal on the "mic" tab within amplitube. When I solo one mic on the cab in amplitube, I don't have this issue. But when everything comes back, I get the direct signal again. I can't find any solutions.
Decani8

Re: Hearing Direct Signal and Amp Simulation At The Same Tim

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:42 pm

On AmpliTube 5 there is a DI section of the signal chain that is probably turned on. You should see it visually at the bottom and in the mixer section. I'll bet that's it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Decani8 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:57 pm

Peter_IK wrote:On AmpliTube 5 there is a DI section of the signal chain that is probably turned on. You should see it visually at the bottom and in the mixer section. I'll bet that's it.

I've looked and the DI is not enabled
Decani8

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:15 pm

Decani8 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:On AmpliTube 5 there is a DI section of the signal chain that is probably turned on. You should see it visually at the bottom and in the mixer section. I'll bet that's it.

I've looked and the DI is not enabled

Sorry to hear that, would have been an easy fix! I would reach out to IK Support since I have no more suggestions, it seems you've done everything on your side to turn off real-time monitoring and similar, and other users are not chiming in with suggestions.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling