**Catalina Security Update Kills Amplitube 5**

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: **Catalina Security Update Kills Amplitube 5**

Postby ScarabelotAL7 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:26 pm

Same problem here. AmpliTube 5.0 was working fine. After I installed the 5.2.0 version and the current Mac 10.15.7 security package, it is not working any more, be it in Reaper or as a Standalone.
ScarabelotAL7

Postby Cochenco » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:20 am

Are they not going to give any kind of solution from IK multimedia?
Cochenco

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:42 am

This is not a Technical Support forum.

For the latest info on the statsus of this issue, please contact Support, via here. If Searching the FAQs does not help there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby marcusadv » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:54 pm

FYI, the solution provided by IK support so far is to roll back your system to previous update status.

It took me 2.5 hours to do a MacOS Catalina restore, but it solved the problem, which BTW is not exclusive to IK software.
marcusadv

Postby Huddy_IK » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi All - Checking with Support on this topic, it is known and under review by the Development team. We should have an update out shortly to help resolve this concern! :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby korgano » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:08 pm

I have same problem. I can not start any IK Multimedia product. T Racks, AmpliTube 5. Same on Logic or standalone. Problem started with Catalina update. We need help!!!
korgano

Postby VRacing » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:14 am

Also here same ….. can someone confirm if reinstall macOS Catalina it AmpliTube will work again Without update the security ?
VRacing

Postby marcusadv » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:25 am

VRacing wrote:Also here same ….. can someone confirm if reinstall macOS Catalina it AmpliTube will work again Without update the security ?

Yes, it does. I did a Catalina restore(restart with command-R) and the system returned to the pre security update state and all IK softwares is working fine.

It took me about 2 and a half hours to do it, though.
marcusadv

Postby korgano » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:02 pm

marcusadv wrote:
VRacing wrote:Also here same ….. can someone confirm if reinstall macOS Catalina it AmpliTube will work again Without update the security ?

Yes, it does. I did a Catalina restore(restart with command-R) and the system returned to the pre security update state and all IK softwares is working fine.

It took me about 2 and a half hours to do it, though.

You can just start in Safe Mode by holding Shift at the Start, and all IK Multimedia will work, but that is only temporary solution. We need system that work with latest Catalina update.
korgano

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:06 pm

Huddy_IK wrote:Hi All - Checking with Support on this topic, it is known and under review by the Development team. We should have an update out shortly to help resolve this concern! :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JWIKM » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:02 pm

On OS X 10.15.7 on 2012 i7 mac mini server, I am seeing a similar/the same issue with Amplitube 5.2 and with SampleTank 4. IKM app flashes Initial GUI on screen & very quickly crashes (ABORT is signaled).

Glancing at the crash log, it looks like an application thread crashes making an OpenGL call(?).

Amplitube 4 is not affected on my i7 mini.

There are some related threads on Apple's support pages-- reportedly, google earth and other apps crash after the 2021-007 update is inatalled, too, not just some IKM.

Ouch.
JWIKM

Postby JWIKM » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:12 am

Update: Although Amplitube 4 still loads (under Catalina 10.15.7), sound collections added since the 10.15.7 update are not recognized by Amplitube 4, but show up under program manager for amplitube 4. Go figure.
JWIKM

Postby alhimic » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:34 pm

The same problem with with Amplitube 5.2 ((
alhimic

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:48 pm

Huddy_IK wrote:Hi All - Checking with Support on this topic, it is known and under review by the Development team. We should have an update out shortly to help resolve this concern! :D
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby obispojoe » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:33 pm

Any update on this issue yet? I have my main Amplitube on a machine running Mojave, but have to update to Catalina to run some other software. Thanks.
obispojoe

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling