**Catalina Security Update Kills Amplitube 5**

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

**Catalina Security Update Kills Amplitube 5**

Postby pbSnyd » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:11 am

FYI.. Mac OS Catalina Security Update 2021-007 10.15.7 kills Amplitube 5.It will attempt to open then crash. At least on my 2012 MacMini. I verified this 3 times by reinstalling Catalina 10.15.7 then running Amp 5 successfully. Then after installing Security Update 2021-007 10.15.7 from Software Update it kills Amp 5.

Perhaps IK Multimedia can determine if this is an Apple or IK problem.

Thanks!
pbSnyd

Re: **Catalina Security Update Kills Amplitube 5**

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:00 am

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. If Searching the FAQs does not help there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chrlswtt » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:24 pm

Yes indeed, the latest Catalina security update kills Amplitube 5.2.0. Crashes on startup. I tried uninstall and then reinstalled but no joy. Finally, I did a recovery reinstall of Catalina and all is well but if you decide to follow this route, be sure to ignore the system software update message, after you reboot or you'll be right back where you started. Unfortunately, I deleted the diagnostic crash logs but if someone still has them, maybe forward them to IK support.
chrlswtt

Postby chrlswtt » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:00 pm

I didn't empty the trash so, if someone can tell me how to forward the Crash Log, it would be appreciated.
chrlswtt

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:07 pm

chrlswtt wrote:I didn't empty the trash so, if someone can tell me how to forward the Crash Log, it would be appreciated.

You can attach a file to a subsequent reply to your support ticket (even responding to the email confirmation you get for opening the ticket) but not while initially opening the ticket.

Also note this may be a permissions issue so in that case support would likely be able to get you up and running quickly once they assess it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chrlswtt » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:10 pm

Thank You! I am up and running because after the Catalina OS reinstall, I didn't do the Security Update.
chrlswtt

Postby pbSnyd » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:14 am

chrlswtt wrote:I didn't empty the trash so, if someone can tell me how to forward the Crash Log, it would be appreciated.

Go to Applications/Utilities and open Console. You will see "Crash Reports". I copied and pasted it to an email responding to Support. You could do the same.
pbSnyd

Postby volker.waltinger » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Same problem with the latest versions of multiple IK apps (Amplitube 5, Sampletank 4, T-Racks 5, Custom Shop etc.). No fun at all :evil: . Help!
volker.waltinger

Postby chrlswtt » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:06 pm

In the interim, until the problem is sorted out, do a recovery reinstall of Catalina but don't do the Security Update, when prompted.
chrlswtt

Postby volker.waltinger » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:08 pm

pbSnyd wrote:FYI.. Mac OS Catalina Security Update 2021-007 10.15.7 kills Amplitube 5.It will attempt to open then crash. At least on my 2012 MacMini. I verified this 3 times by reinstalling Catalina 10.15.7 then running Amp 5 successfully. Then after installing Security Update 2021-007 10.15.7 from Software Update it kills Amp 5.

Perhaps IK Multimedia can determine if this is an Apple or IK problem.

Thanks!

Thx a lot for the info. So there might be kind of a way out if IK cannot provide us a solution for that finally. :|
volker.waltinger

Postby volker.waltinger » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:08 pm

chrlswtt wrote:In the interim, until the problem is sorted out, do a recovery reinstall of Catalina but don't do the Security Update, when prompted.

Thank you!
volker.waltinger

Postby marcusadv » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:05 am

Same problem here, with T-Racks 5.6, Amplitube 5.2 and Sampletank 4.14 stand alone apps crashing at launch.

At first, I've thought that is was caused by the latest apps update, but in fact I've also installed the latest security update in Catalina.

Hope there's a fix for this coming soon, cause I cannot afford to go into the trouble of reinstall Catalina just to run ik software.
marcusadv

Postby chrlswtt » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:13 am

The recovery Catalina reinstall, takes about an hour and you’re done. The only downside is, your Mac is vulnerable to whatever the security update is supposed to protect you from. YMMV.
chrlswtt

Postby popcotrinact » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:36 pm

I confirm, very sad
popcotrinact

Postby stonesystem » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:18 pm

same here
stonesystem

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling