Using Amplitube 5 live - best PC option?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Using Amplitube 5 live - best PC option?

Postby juic3maN » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:26 am

Well, it looks like my Surface Pro 3 - which worked when I tried it with Amplitube 5 a couple of months ago - has decided it is dying, and so needs to be replaced. (Lots of crackles and pops, which I assume is a buffer-size issue, and EVERYTHING I run on it is running snail-like.)
I'll reset W10 on it and reinstall Amplitube 5, but in the meantime, I'll be looking around for a new machine for using on the road (i.e. at church, a couple of times a week, so not EXACTLY at a punk club getting spewed on regularly :-D Any suggestions from anyone using a tablet/laptop/whatever?
My wife does tablet/laptop mounting to wheelchairs and floorstands and so on as part of her job, so I'm not worried about that part, just a machine with enough grunt to run the software and hook up to the Stomp IO.
juic3maN

Re: Using Amplitube 5 live - best PC option?

Postby peterswa » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:05 pm

I am running at5 and a stomp i/o on a Dell Latitude 5290 windows 10 tablet with detachable keyboard. 16 gigs of ram. It’s a 3yr old model I got used on Craigslist. Works great.
peterswa

Re: Using Amplitube 5 live - best PC option?

Postby juic3maN » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:14 am

OK, so. Replaced the SP3 with my wife's SP7, and still had issues, although not as bad. Changed power profiles, blah blah, all that stuff that you'd do.

Eventually got it sorted.

On the Surface, if you touch the battery/power icon in the system tray, it pops up a "best battery/best performance" slider, and if you move that to the right to maximise the power, the thing will actually get cranking and everything works, and then it's perfect.
juic3maN

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling