Howling Feedback Presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Howling Feedback Presets

Postby brendanoneill » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:19 pm

Just upgraded to Amplitube MAX and with the default input and output am getting some potentially ear-damaging feedback. Input is nowhere near pushed to the max. Two questions:

Is there an easy way to change the default ouput to, say, -18.0 dB? Rather than going through 2000 presets?

Also, for this remedial learner, can you explain what causes the feedback if I have headphones on?
brendanoneill

Re: Howling Feedback Presets

Postby garfy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:01 pm

Hi brendanoneill

You're correct, with headphones you shouldn't be causing feedback unless they are at a particularly high volume.

You state that you have ATMAX on default input and output - what is the default? Do you have an audio interface connected and, if so, which one? Is this a laptop or desktop, Mac or Windows?

If you tell us your signal chain we might have a better idea of what the issue could be.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby brendanoneill » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:17 pm

Thanks for the help!

The default, I meant, for each preset varies. Hardly any of them work without adjusting for the howling feedback. They range from -12 to +4 dBs.

For input, I’m using a Scarlett Focus i6i and there’s a visual indicator to tell if you’re pushing the input - green if you’re within limits and red if you’re clipping. That device always stays in the green.

This is a windows desktop. I run ASIOforall.
brendanoneill

Postby brendanoneill » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:05 am

Windows 10, 16gb ram, Focusrite 6i6 1st generation. Thanks for the help
brendanoneill

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling