Presets for individually purchased amp models?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Presets for individually purchased amp models?

Postby elammark13 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:18 pm

Hi everyone. I'm sorry if this has been asked, I've tried searching through a few pages and didn't see anything. Also, this may be a dumb question...but is there a way to get presets for individually purchased amp models? I have Amplitube SE with multiple collections (thanks to IK's GENEROUS group buy promotion!), and of course those come with their own sets of presets, which show up. However, what about individually obtained amps? I recently picked up the Engl Powerball (amazing sounding!) and plan on picking up the other Engl, as well as the HiAmp and JetCity amps. I know I've seen presets for the JetCity amps on YouTube demos. So I assume there may also be presets for the Engl stuff (and maybe the HiAmp?). Is there a way to get these presets? If I'm being dumb, sorry about that! :lol:

Thank you!
elammark13

Re: Presets for individually purchased amp models?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:39 pm

elammark13 wrote:Hi everyone. I'm sorry if this has been asked, I've tried searching through a few pages and didn't see anything. Also, this may be a dumb question...but is there a way to get presets for individually purchased amp models? I have Amplitube SE with multiple collections (thanks to IK's GENEROUS group buy promotion!), and of course those come with their own sets of presets, which show up. However, what about individually obtained amps? I recently picked up the Engl Powerball (amazing sounding!) and plan on picking up the other Engl, as well as the HiAmp and JetCity amps. I know I've seen presets for the JetCity amps on YouTube demos. So I assume there may also be presets for the Engl stuff (and maybe the HiAmp?). Is there a way to get these presets? If I'm being dumb, sorry about that! :lol:

Thank you!

These presets should be installed with AmpliTube whether you have the amp or not. You can find them in the presets tree at Custom Shop --> Name of gear/company
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby elammark13 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:37 pm

Peter_IK wrote:These presets should be installed with AmpliTube whether you have the amp or not. You can find them in the presets tree at Custom Shop --> Name of gear/company

Yep...that's it! Thank you Peter! Not only a great company, but a great forum as well!
elammark13

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:07 am

elammark13 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:These presets should be installed with AmpliTube whether you have the amp or not. You can find them in the presets tree at Custom Shop --> Name of gear/company

Yep...that's it! Thank you Peter! Not only a great company, but a great forum as well!

Happy to help! I'm glad you can tool around with those presets now. The ENGL gear is GREAT and I really like the HiAmp and Jet City gear too. The Jet City is a bit of a sleeper hit as most people go immediately for the Soldano-based model we have but give the Jet City a chance and you'll have some more great tools for the old tool belt.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby elammark13 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:06 am

I'm about to do another buy in to the group buy before it ends, and I'll pick up those Jet City amps along with the HiAmp. I heard some demos for the Jet City models yesterday, and I was nicely surprised by the sound of the J20. I wasn't expecting that! Can't wait to get them. These days I feel like an Amplitube salesman, telling everyone how great version 5 sounds and they need to try it. :D
elammark13

Postby elammark13 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:09 am

Hi Peter or anyone else...

So I got the Engl 650 (already had Powerball), the HiAmp, and the two Jet City amps with my latest buy in to the Group Buy. Following the advice you gave me earlier (look through CustomShop Presets tree) I've also found presets for the Engl 650 and HiAmp...but still no Jet City presets. Could this be because they may use pieces of gear I don't have?

I have SE version, but have the Satriani, Slash, Brian May, Fender1, DimeBag, MesaBoogie, Orange, Hendrix, Fulltone, and Metal collections, along with Engl cabs, HiAmp cab, 4x12 Modern Closed cab. Does anyone know if the Jet City presets use something I don't have? I've heard demo's and the "Angry 20" preset sounds really nice. Don't get me wrong, the amps sound so good, it's easy to dial in a good sound. But I'm always curious to also hear presets.

Thanks!
elammark13

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:19 am

elammark13 wrote:Hi Peter or anyone else...

So I got the Engl 650 (already had Powerball), the HiAmp, and the two Jet City amps with my latest buy in to the Group Buy. Following the advice you gave me earlier (look through CustomShop Presets tree) I've also found presets for the Engl 650 and HiAmp...but still no Jet City presets. Could this be because they may use pieces of gear I don't have?

I have SE version, but have the Satriani, Slash, Brian May, Fender1, DimeBag, MesaBoogie, Orange, Hendrix, Fulltone, and Metal collections, along with Engl cabs, HiAmp cab, 4x12 Modern Closed cab. Does anyone know if the Jet City presets use something I don't have? I've heard demo's and the "Angry 20" preset sounds really nice. Don't get me wrong, the amps sound so good, it's easy to dial in a good sound. But I'm always curious to also hear presets.

Thanks!

Please make sure you have the Gear Selector set correctly, it may be filtering those out.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby elammark13 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:14 am

Thanks Peter, for always taking the time to help out!

I'm assuming you mean the gear windows on the right, where I can see either everything I have, or what I don't have, etc. I can see and use the Jet City amps with no problems. It's just when I look through Custom Shop presets, I see the Engl, HiAmp, Wampler, Fender, NuTron, and others...but no Jet City. Looking through the folder structures on my computer, I find the Jet City AT4 presets folders/files. I even tried to copy a preset from there to my custom presets folder. But even that doesn't show up in AT5. Like I said...it's not a big deal. I found a YouTube video going through the presets, so I can see the settings and replicate them. At this point, it's really just more of an annoying mystery...and I don't like unsolved mysteries...until they turn into a facepalm moment on my part (which this may be :lol: ).

Thanks!
elammark13

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling