Power Amp for amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Power Amp for amplitube

Postby nicola123 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:49 pm

Hello to all
I'm going to try to play directly using amplitube + axe i/o solo with my band without using classic amp and effects: what kind of Power amp do you recommend?
nicola123

Re: Power Amp for amplitube

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:51 pm

If you use a PA system for your band, you can go directly to the mixer from the outputs of AXE I/O and then use monitors/monitor mixes to affect what you hear on stage.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nicola123 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:49 am

thanks Peter
I actually wanted to connect directly to my cabinet. These days I will experience what happens :)
nicola123

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:12 pm

nicola123 wrote:thanks Peter
I actually wanted to connect directly to my cabinet. These days I will experience what happens :)

A speaker cabinet that you'd use with a guitar amp? You'd need an amp that provides the correct load or you'll end up damaging equipment. Plus, a guitar speaker cabinet will not provide the same results as a full-range speaker cabinet, as they are designed to color the sound and have a limited frequency range typically (with good reason and results, but AmpliTube out to speakers sounds much better with full range speakers.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nicola123 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Ok Peter,
I originally thought about using this configuration:
Lap top - audio card - PA (for example Harley Benton thunder 99 50Watt) - may cabinet ( brunetti 2x12 75Watt)...
probably what you say is more efficient and simple ... I have to consider buying an active speaker that is easy to carry. Thanks
nicola123

Postby peterswa » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:49 am

Take a look at the headrush frfr 112.
peterswa

Postby tgorycki » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:36 am

I use a Fractal Axe-Fx II unit for live performance and was using Atomic CLR powered wedges. They are great, but I was missing that amp-behind-me-moving-air experience, so I got a Seymour Duncan PowerStage 700. I rewired a Marshall 4-12 cabinet for stereo since the both the Axe-Fx II and the PowerStage have stereo outs (not really necessary for live, but what the heck).

I don't have any experience using AmpliTube with the rig, but I imagine it is somewhat similar in concept. Ideally, you would turn off any cabinet modeling if you are using an actual speaker cab vs an FRFR cab, but you could certainly try the using cabinet modeling as it won't hurt anything. The whole FRFR experience is similar to mic-ing a traditional guitar rig and running it through a PA, which doesn't offer a great amp in the room feel.
tgorycki

Postby irecord » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:55 am

Or you could run a PA amp or something like the Powerstage 700 into a cab loaded with a Celestion F12-X200.
irecord

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling