2 Qs: My Gear & MIDI Learn (Digital Performer) [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

2 Qs: My Gear & MIDI Learn (Digital Performer) [Resolved]

Postby pacificm » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:10 pm

I have two questions:

One, My Gear - I purchased a couple of Wah Pedals via Amplitube 4. Now, I've upgraded to Amplitube 5. I'm looking for the "My Gear" selection to show me the gear I've purchased. I cannot find that in Amplitube 5. Is it there? If so, where is it? I also looked in Custom Shop. When I look under my name in the upper right corner I'm able to "Restore My Purchases" but it still doesn't show me gear or where it is located. Please advise.

Two, MIDI Learn - I've attempted MIDI Learn via a right click on a Wah Pedal in Amplitube 5 and used the MIDI Learn processes outlined in the Amplitube 5 manual, pp 72 - 75. In all of the above I get a sign saying "Waiting for MIDI input." After moving the expression pedal and other faders, knob, sliders with my DAW the sign remains on the screen and does not go away. Apparently no MIDI input is being received. I'm trying to get a WAH Pedal to work in Amplitube 5 via my expression pedal.

Please advise. Thanks!
pacificm

Re: 2 Questions - My Gear & MIDI Learn

Postby captship » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:29 pm

1 - directly below the hamburger menu in upper right corner click on the amp until only a check mark shows - below will be all the gear you own.

2 In reaper I use two tracks - a midi track to feed midi to the audio track. Make sure the midi track is set for midi input and on the audio track AT5 is the Fx. I use an irig Stomp with my midi track input set to MIDI irig stomp control - all channels.

I arm the midi channel for recording to use the midi controls on the AT5 Fx of the audio track.

Works for me YMMV and I'm a pretty basic DAW kind of guy - assuming different DAW's work similarly.
captship

Postby pacificm » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:19 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the MIDI Learn portion is still fuzzy for me. I work in Digital Performer and am also using Vienna Ensemble Pro. In DP I use a MIDI track and aux track for each plugin. Amlitube 5 is used as an insert in the DP mixer.

As I mentioned in my original post, I've followed everything in the AmpliTube 5 manual to achieve MIDI Learn to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
pacificm

Postby captship » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Not DP familiar, possibly midi channels need to be synched - I had a similar problem using Sampletank as a plugin in Reaper. ST midi sample did not play in reaper until I matched the midi channels.
captship

Postby pacificm » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:24 pm

I contacted Digital Performer/MOTU Tech Support regarding the Midi Learn problem. Here is what they said:

"In the plugin, click the MIDI learn icon in the bottom left corner. It's the icon directly to the right of the camera icon. After you press it, click on the Wah parameter in the plugin. Then, move your MIDI controller knob or pedal. If DP is receiving MIDI signal from the controller or pedal, it should lock right up to it."

This did the trick. The only problem is the icons MOTU referred to are minuscule and can hardly be seen. But, they're there. And they work.

I thought I would share this with other DP users who may have the same problem.

Thanks for your help!
pacificm

Re: 2 Questions - My Gear & MIDI Learn [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Thank you for posting the answer. That may well help other DP users.

------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling