Amplitube 5 leslie rotor speed automation

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 leslie rotor speed automation

Postby guido.maat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:09 pm

Hi,

Chiming in here for the first time. I've used Amplitube since v2 and own most of the expansions and let me start by saying I love Amplitube 5. I don't know what you guys did with the algorithms but it just sounds so much more authentic and nice, I love it! It took a while to re-find my way around the UI but it's a small price to pay for the increase in quality, and I love the much needed routing flexibility that came with 5.

On to my question:
I own and use your Leslie a lot and there is one thing that bothers me a bit. Being able to control the speed is vital in using a leslie, and it seems automation for the speed control was an afterthought, or I'm overlooking something.

I know how to route it manually through the automation settings window, it's just a terrible pain having to manually look up the control (Cab Specific I might add!!!) for it in the automation settings window and having to route either MIDI or an automation paramater to that control.

In short: I would really like to have the right click/learn ability all other controls in Amplitube 5 have to easily assign either an automation paramater or a MIDI CC to the leslie speed switch through simply wiggling the wanted controller.

If there's a faster way to it I'm not familiar with, please fill me in but I've looked and so far haven't found it. When I first got leslie I thought it was a bug that was obviously going to get fixed (I mean what's a Wah pedal if you can't automate the Wah paramater easily right...??) but 2 (or is it 3 already?) years in and I've been painstakingly manually routing the automation it just seems a bit ridiculous.

Hope this helps in stramlining an already mind blowingly awesome software package.

Cheers,

Guido
guido.maat

Re: Amplitube 5 leslie rotor speed automation

Postby audio4entertainment » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:35 pm

Yeah looks like I'm not alone! I wonder why they didn't think of it in the firs place. The Amplitube Leslie is the best rendition of one I have come across and I would love to use it with analog organs but not being able to use an expression pedal in an easy way spoils it for me.
audio4entertainment

Postby LexCan » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:45 am

Agree that the Leslie sim is fantastic, but having to set up controls PER PATCH is less than ideal. Once I have my speed and brake controls mapped for one cabinet, it's safe to assume I'd like those same controls in place as I audition the other cabinets. Is there really no way to do that??
LexCan

Postby twilson74 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:36 am

I also scratch my head when it comes to setting up a pedal to control the Leslie speed.

I use the B-3X a lot and early on one of the best things about it was setting the sustain pedal of my Midi keyboard controller to change the speed of the Leslie on the fly as I'm playing. It really increases the realism of the overall sound. I only had to set it once and it works every time. But when it comes to controlling the Leslie in Amplitube and T-RackS similarly,I guess I'm stumped.
twilson74

Postby guido.maat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:49 pm

Hi IK Multimedia,

Another year in and I'm curious if you guys have had a chance to look into this. Otherwise chiming in to see if there's likeminded people here as well. I suppose if more people have their voice heard theres a bigger this awesome software is getting a well deserved usability update :)

Cheers,
guido.maat

Postby livesforrap » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:31 pm

It's a huge disappointment. I can set it up but for some odd reason I also have the "stuck" issue too (wahs and leslie control are a no-go for me, nobody can figure it out)

I just gave up and got something that works.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby jeffn1 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:36 pm

It is amazing. The only explanation I can think of is it was crippled on purpose? Makes no sense.
jeffn1

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:44 pm

jeffn1 wrote:It is amazing. The only explanation I can think of is it was crippled on purpose? Makes no sense.

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? We wouldn't "cripple" something on purpose. If there is an issue they can recreate and report it to the devs.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jeffn1 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:27 pm

Hello, Peter,

Please read the above posts (especially the first 5 posts in this thread, I do not know about the "stuck note" issue).

The way control of Leslie speed is done in Amplitube Leslie (an amazing sounding plug in, by the way) is very unwieldy and not user friendly.

If you could make rotary speed subject to midi learn like other parameters and save the setting globally, it would improve Amplitube Leslie at lot.

So, I guess I do not understand why this has not been done. If you could nudge this up to the "powers-that-be" I think many users may be very grateful.

Thank you for responding to this thread/post. (If I am missing something, I am always willing to learn).

[By the way, I use Amplitube and a bunch of IK products in Gig Performer].

Jeff
jeffn1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling