Amplitube 5 newbie question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 newbie question

Postby rshadel211 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Hi all, I am new to the desktop version of AmpliTube, coming from years of using the iOS version.

I recently purchased Amplitube 5 max (recently meaning yesterday) and I must say I am blown away by the quality of the sounds. I am using it as a standalone, not a plugin to a DAW. I only use it as a guitar amp. I am running on a 2018 Macbook pro laptop. I am using the iRig HD 2 as the I/O. It runs great, no issues.

But I have noticed one minor irritation. Whenever I open the program, it defaults to it’s original settings with regards to returning to “loop” mode even though normally I use live mode. Also whatever amp I was last using is gone and I am back to the Marshall clone it originally booted with.

Is there any way to close the software, and then come back later and launch the program and find everything the way it was on the last session? The iOS version always boots up in the same place it was when last used. Not a big deal but it would be nice not to start from scratch every time I turn on AmpliTube 5.

I know these are very basic questions and maybe what I need is a beginner tutorial to AmpliTube 5, one that assumes the user knows nothing. If anyone knows of such a tutorial let me know!

Thanks! Roger
rshadel211

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling