Amplitube 5.2 some presets have intermittent hiss

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5.2 some presets have intermittent hiss

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:58 pm

^^^
Peter,
Can you get your colleagues to add that to the IKPM User Manual?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rsommerv » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:42 am

hiss as the only demo indicator, what a daft idea, thanks for finding this. I had this intermittent hiss and couldn't find unauthorized equipment but upgrading from 5.2 to 5.3 showed a warning triangle in the signal chain and clicking that showed a box saying

"This preset includes features (Full Chain) which required a paid version of Amplitube5, due to this white noise bursts will still be experienced until purchase."

This didn't help a lot but eventually I scrolled my signal chain to the right and saw there was another rack at the very end of the chain. What seems to have happened is that my Amplitube 4 preset had 3 inserts in 'Rack A' but when that was loaded into my Amplitube 5 installation two racks went into the normal position and one into this last position just before the loudspeaker icon, removing that rack removed the white noise.
rsommerv

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:36 pm

Hiss is not a demo indicator. It is an indicator that something is not authorized. There is no hiss during IK demos and you would need to use the built-in Custom Shop and be connected to the internet.

There is something in the chain that is not authorized nor are you demoing it in the proper demo state. You can also filter out presets and gear that you don't own using the Gear Selector. This is covered in the manual if you need more details. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rsommerv » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm

ok, demo/unauthorized, it doesn't make a difference, simulating interference on a music processing app without a pop up or warning box as was introduced in 5.3 was a very poor idea. Both the OP and I wasted time trying to diagnose this, he by comparing xml files, me by hunting for interference. Even silence would have made more sense than hiss, at least I would have known it wasn't interference

Thankfully the warning triangle was added to 5.3 and hopefully this thread will serve to help any 5.2 users who haven't upgraded yet.
rsommerv

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:26 pm

rsommerv wrote:ok, demo/unauthorized, it doesn't make a difference, simulating interference on a music processing app without a pop up or warning box as was introduced in 5.3 was a very poor idea. Both the OP and I wasted time trying to diagnose this, he by comparing xml files, me by hunting for interference. Even silence would have made more sense than hiss, at least I would have known it wasn't interference

Thankfully the warning triangle was added to 5.3 and hopefully this thread will serve to help any 5.2 users who haven't upgraded yet.

Also incorrect, there was no hiss introduced in 5.3. This has been the way the software has acted for years whenever not properly authorized.

Since the issue in this thread has been resolved for those experiencing it, and to prevent further assumptions/misinformation, and since everybody should now understand the reason they might hear a hiss (unauthorized gear not in proper TRY mode), it seems to have run its course and will be locked.

Also, IK Support would have been able to resolve these issues in no time and all issues should be reported to them as this forum is not a medium for tech support.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling