104: Access Error

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Postby Jordator3y » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:05 pm

I installed Amplitube Custom Shop and opened it in FL Studio. Whenever I try a different pedal or amp, with the "Try Now" function, I keep getting this error:

It looks like something went wrong with your connection. Please close/ re-open the IK Product Manager and try again. If this issue persists please contact support.

The thing is, I got the X-Space pedal for 72 hours and within 30 minutes it is now locked again and when I "try now" I get that annoying error again.

My internet is pretty stable at the moment: 50mbps download and 7-10 up.

Is this an issue with my internet, or ikmultimedia?

edit: I have noticed that the actual ikmultimedia website is very slow to load for me. So I think the issue is due to me living in Australia, too far from the server.
Jordator3y

Re: 104: Access Error

Postby moorten » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:03 pm

I am having this issue as well after updating to AmpliTube 5.2.
moorten

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:45 pm

I am not seeing this error so those who do should open a support ticket to get one on one assistance. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rmcj1962 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:06 am

Same issue with trial /custom shop and not only is the web site close to completely unresponsive (it lost a purchase I was in the middle of but it still showed up on my credit card) I'm not even sure the ticket I submitted went through
rmcj1962

Postby Jordator3y » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:47 am

Okay guys, I seemed to have got it to work again.

What I did was this:

1) I closed Amplitube
2) I opened IK Multimedia Project Manager as Admin (Run as Administrator)
3) Opened Amplitube again and it worked!

Please try it and post here if this fixed your issue :)

Edit again: Within a few minutes it FAILED and went back to 104 error!
-.-

It's an issue with the Product Manager. I haver contacted support, will post the solution/ reason here.
Jordator3y

Postby stripysocks » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:07 am

I'm getting the same error also. It's reassuring to know I'm not alone. Have also raised a ticket with support.

I also get an error when I launch Amplitube stating, "If you want to use any gear in trial mode please start the IK Multimedia Product Manager and restart AmpliTube 5" but I already have both Custom Shop and the Product Manager open.

Interestingly I also live in Australia so I wonder if the connection times out too quickly.
stripysocks

Postby BlotterChicken9 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:57 pm

submitted as well. for the price this is disheartening.
BlotterChicken9

Postby Marty2112 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:19 pm

The error seems to be related (at least in my case) to Microsoft OneDrive backing up the ZIP files while they are being downloaded by the IK Product Manager.... once the IK Product Manager tries to install the downloaded file it seems temporarily locked (or at least longer than the timeout permits) and the download error occurs (after a Javascript error notification). The fix for me was to pause Microsoft OneDrive while installing any IK software then restart after complete... or, set the IK Product Manager download directory to a location that is not automatically backed up by OneDrive.
Marty2112

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:06 am

^^^
That last is a good idea. Somehow (after a Windows update?) Windows had put my Downloads folder - so my OneDrive allocation quickly filled up :( You can go into OneDrive Settings / Account / Choose folders to remove / select the folders to be used.

Don't you love it when the OS tries to help? ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mariochaconc » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:57 pm

Having the same issue installing the products. I download the products in the product manager and stays at 100% and nothing happens, when I click pause to the download I have the 104 error. I stop the download and I can see the product folder with the file .zip.part but is as if the product manager cant map it, even tho my folder location is the right one, I tried creating a folder with the name IK Multimedia and use it as the defaul download and didnt work, also tried creating a folder IK Multimedia/IK Product Manager and use it as default and didnt work either. I dont have OneDrive. I tried unstallind the Product Manager and reinstall it after every attemp of changing the defaul folder for downloads, nothing seems to work and I have a product to use. Any suggestions?
mariochaconc

Postby JoaAlex123 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:44 am

The best solution is to log out and log back in to ik product manager, and the matter is solved.
JoaAlex123

Postby spearet » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:56 am

Syntronik 1 = Not work this recomendations . This product not installed for my Surface 8 Pro Win 11.
All all other products from IK Multimedia* installed normally. Syntronik 2 also installed normally.
The problem for me is only for installing Syntronik 1.
spearet

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling