Windows 11 Compatibility

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Windows 11 Compatibility

Postby peterswa » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:22 pm

Any information on Windows 11 compatibility? Has AT5 been tested and will it work with Win 11? I don't want to upgrade and find out it won't run (like which happened on iOS 15 for the ipad).

(Sorry if this has been asked, but I didn't find it. Maybe create an announcement for this soon to be hot topic?)
peterswa

Re: Windows 11 Compatibility

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:33 pm

There is no official news on Windows 11. The testing team is aware but has not released a report on compatibility. It is always best to not update to a brand new operating system when it is first released, especially if you require the system for any critical functions.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby idflyfish » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:34 pm

Peter_IK wrote:There is no official news on Windows 11. The testing team is aware but has not released a report on compatibility. It is always best to not update to a brand new operating system when it is first released, especially if you require the system for any critical functions.

It's good the test team is looking at it. I really like what I see from Windows 11, but I am waiting for Axe I/O and AT5 compatibililty.
idflyfish

Postby livesforrap » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:35 pm

I don't mean to sound flippant, but PLEASE do not do what so many OSX people do (well, apple for that matter in general)

Let's see, it goes like this "omg let's go stand in line for hours for something that is likely to be broken out of the box" :lol:

These things are in their infancy and are likely to take some time to work out the kinks. I have no doubt that 11 is going to take it to 11, but my windows machines are so completely compatible with everything right now, I'm not even considering yet. Likely for a year.

Frankly, I've never owned a better more put together version of what I have :)
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby idflyfish » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:55 pm

livesforrap wrote:I don't mean to sound flippant, but PLEASE do not do what so many OSX people do (well, apple for that matter in general)

Let's see, it goes like this "omg let's go stand in line for hours for something that is likely to be broken out of the box" :lol:

These things are in their infancy and are likely to take some time to work out the kinks. I have no doubt that 11 is going to take it to 11, but my windows machines are so completely compatible with everything right now, I'm not even considering yet. Likely for a year.

Frankly, I've never owned a better more put together version of what I have :)

That’s none of your business actually.
idflyfish

Postby livesforrap » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:55 pm

Take things personally much? Portland? Seattle? :lol:

Anyways dude, good luck to you and your endevours.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Let's all keep it civil. All comments except arguing about comments in this thread are on topic so instead of fighting, please have a civil discussion.

My contribution: Fair to ask if there is official information about Windows 11, also fair to point out (not just because I had done so earlier ;) ) that nobody should update day 1/early on computers that are needed for any critical tasks or for any tasks that you can't do without if there is a problem - and there typically are problems with any OS early on/first day.

Please carry on with civility.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ivaliotes44 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:04 am

I've been in tech for 27 years, so I fully understand the need to wait and see a bit. That said, we're now about 4 weeks in. I am in no mad rush to upgrade, but I would like to have a sense of when IK will make a call as regards compatibility. Is there a timeline?
ivaliotes44

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:23 pm

ivaliotes44 wrote:I've been in tech for 27 years, so I fully understand the need to wait and see a bit. That said, we're now about 4 weeks in. I am in no mad rush to upgrade, but I would like to have a sense of when IK will make a call as regards compatibility. Is there a timeline?

Windows 11 is also rolling out slowly so most people are not updated yet. Regardless, the testing team has been testing on Windows 11 and will have a statement out soon.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ivaliotes44 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:44 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Windows 11 is also rolling out slowly so most people are not updated yet. Regardless, the testing team has been testing on Windows 11 and will have a statement out soon.

I'm not in a dire rush, but I am interested. Glad to see there will be a statement shortly.
ivaliotes44

Postby ivaliotes44 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Has there been an announcement that I might have missed? I'm not in fact in some big rush, so I haven't paid especially close attention, but I figured since it was coming soon back in early November, it's worth checking to see if I missed it.
ivaliotes44

Postby peterswa » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:09 pm

I decided to upgrade to win11 and everything is working fine. I am running through an AXE/IO without issues. I have Stomp I/O too, but haven't test it. YMMV.

Machine is a 3+ yr old Dell Latitude 5290 2-in-1 tablet/PC. Intel Core i7-8650 1.9 GHz. 16 GB Ram.
peterswa

Postby ivaliotes44 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:47 am

Thanks. That's a useful data point.
ivaliotes44

Postby ivaliotes44 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:21 pm

Any word yet on a Windows 11 compatibility announcement?
ivaliotes44

Postby Ramses2ii » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:21 pm

I just got a refurbished PC with Windows 11 in it.

AXE I/O and AmpliTube 5 MAX seem to work perfectly with it.

I started to test it with a buffer size of 64 and it seems to work perfectly. No clicks or electric shock sounds, which my old computer had with 128 buffer size and could only do 256 without noise.

This "new" computer has Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz and 16Gb DDR4 RAM, 256Gb SSD.

So, for those who wonder if upgrading to Windows 11 is safe I can say yes.
AXE I/O - AmpliTube 5 MAX - Tonex MAX - Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPROM3.2
Ramses2ii

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling