Project vs Preset Confusion

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Project vs Preset Confusion

Postby daveleenc » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:54 pm

I am an unsophisticated Amplitube 5 Max user. My immediate problem is that I would like to change the initial project/preset that comes up when I open Amplitube 5. The Brit 8000 one is pretty noisy with my setup.

I am guessing that the file default.at5p is what comes up. But Amp5 seems to 'want' to save my settings (where I want the volume way down to fix the noise issue) as a .atproj5 file. I have messed around a bit but cannot seem to coerce Amp5 to come up in anything other than the (apparent) default preset/project.

So I have 2 (probably related) questions.

1) What is the difference between a preset and a project? Everything that I have saved has been a 'project'. However somehow I have two configurations in my Presets folder that I am pretty sure came from me - I just don't know how they got there. It seems that presets have some shortcut like selection capabilities that (I guess) projects don't have. But I am confused here.

2) How do I change the configuration (for lack of a better term, given my confusion) that comes up when I bring up Amp 5.

FWIW, my usage (in the context of this question) is a Standalone Mode question.

Thanks.

dave
daveleenc

Re: Project vs Preset Confusion

Postby DaJMan » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:02 am

I am new to A5 Max now and I'm also very confused by this.

I understand the "main" view is an overall project/song but I just want to save presets for now. I've tried to do this but can't get it to work right, not sure what I'm doing wrong and I'm pretty intuitive lol.
DaJMan

Postby Powersof10 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:31 pm

Hi DaJMan,

Were you able to figure it out?
Powersof10

Postby daveleenc » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:37 pm

My usage has evolved back toward more acoustic (classical guitar) playing and recording through mics. So other than very occasional use of Amplitube as a Reaper plug-in, the need to understand this just went away - sorry.

dave
daveleenc

Postby DaJMan » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:54 pm

Powersof10 wrote:Hi DaJMan,

Were you able to figure it out?

Not yet but I've been using my real amp and CabM+ lately, sure would be helpful though!
DaJMan

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling