Upgraded Amplitube 5 CS to SE - where is gear? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Upgraded Amplitube 5 CS to SE - where is gear? [Resolved]

Postby simonhunt999 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:18 am

Hi,
Have been an Amplitube 5 CS user, (previously buying gear from Custom Shop), have now purchased SE and registered it via IK Product Manager.
How do I get the SE gear items installed? They are not available in the IK product manager, and using "restore my gear" in Custom Shop does not install them.
Do I need to re-install/deauthorise/authorise Amplitube 5 again ?
Many thanks for any help!
Simon
simonhunt999

Re: Upgraded Amplitube 5 CS to SE - where is gear?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:31 am

Hello simonhunt999 and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

I would try UnAuthorizing AT5 in the IKPM, then Authorize it using the AT5 SE Serial Number. Then do a "Restore my Purchases" in the Custom Shop.

-----------------------
If that does not do it, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Upgraded Amplitube 5 CS to SE - where is gear?

Postby simonhunt999 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:08 am

Hi Darkstar,
thanks for your reply.
After posting here (and before seeing your reply, I had :
- Entered the serial number for Amp 5 SE in the IKPM
- Done a "restore my purchases" in Custom shop (still no luck)
- Reinstalled Amp 5 from the IKPM
- Done a "restore my gear" again.
And then it worked! So, not quite sure what the correct order was, but main thing is that it's working now. I didn't de-authorise or re-authorise as part of this process.

Thanks again for your help.
Simon
simonhunt999

Re: Upgraded Amplitube 5 CS to SE - where is gear? [Resolved

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:37 am

Good oh :)

Maybe the reinstall picked up the newly-entered AT5 SE Serial number?

------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling