Jimi Hendrix missing gear...

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Jimi Hendrix missing gear...

Postby zedd » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:24 am

Hey Folks,

I have installed Amplitube 5 and now have all the extra Collections except SVX2 which I will be adding soon.

But much to my surprise, the Jimi Hendrix Collection which I have had for many years is missing a few pieces of gear that I think were added whenever it was changed to the Jimi Hendrix Anniversary Collection. I would have expected my collection would have been updated to include the new models, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Can anyone tell me what the scoop is in regards to this and what to do about it? Do I have any options to get the 3 newly added gear models other than to get the Jimi Hendrix Collection again?

Also, I was delighted to grab all the collections separately and thought I was going to have a fully stocked Amplitube 5 the equivalent of Amplitube 5 Max... but already I see there are numerous pieces of gear that are only available in Amplitube Max which would cost me something like $200 in gear credits to make my Amplitube library complete. Are those models eventually going to be added to a collection we can buy without having to pay $299 for Amplitube 5 Max?

At this point I will be happy to just get the full Jimi Hendrix collection working and available and I will try to ignore that MAX-only gear which I don't have.

Thanks in advance,

zedd
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Re: Jimi Hendrix missing gear...

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:47 am

JH Anniversary = JH plus (I think)
-- Stomp: EP Tape Echo
-- AMP: JH 1200, JH Gold, SilverTwelve

Collections are fixed, more models are not added. I think that you can get the JH Anniversary at an Upgrade price - check your User Area / Crossgrades & Upgrades.

As for the "MAX-only" gear, I reckon that you'll just have to buy them individually. Buying a pack of Gear Credits or using JamPoints (or both?) will help. But, do you really need them, or is it excess GAS? ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby zedd » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:14 am

DarkStar wrote:JH Anniversary = JH plus (I think)
-- Stomp: EP Tape Echo
-- AMP: JH 1200, JH Gold, SilverTwelve

Collections are fixed, more models are not added. I think that you can get the JH Anniversary at an Upgrade price - check your User Area / Crossgrades & Upgrades.

What I think that amounts to is that the previous version of the product that I bought in 2007 is now discontinued... I have most of the models, but there is no offer to upgrade or crossgrade in my account.

I actually do have the JH 1200, so it is only the JH Gold, the SilverTwelve and the EP Tape Echo that I am missing. 3 pieces of gear.

I don't really want to give up a T-Racks model in order to get Jimi Hendrix again, but I will do that if I need to. Gotta make sure I have my priorities straight.

DarkStar wrote:As for the "MAX-only" gear, I reckon that you'll just have to buy them individually. Buying a pack of Gear Credits or using JamPoints (or both?) will help. But, do you really need them, or is it excess GAS? ;)

You're totally right... it is excessive and unnecessary. I will happily add them at a future date if they come bundled as a collection or something... but for now, I am going to filter them out and forget they exist.

From just the few amps that I played around with tonight, I am tickled silly with how awesome they sound and how well designed Amplitube 5 is... it is ergonomic, educational, sonically pleasing, and visually beautiful.

Thanks for your response!
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:39 am

I would ask Sales Support about the JH Anniversary Upgrade to see what they can do.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby zedd » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:02 am

Selecting Amplitube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary edition as a GB bonus was the only upgrade solution... and it's hard to complain about that, given that this is the greatest and most seriously no-brainer Group Buy of all time.

DarkStar wrote:As for the "MAX-only" gear, I reckon that you'll just have to buy them individually. Buying a pack of Gear Credits or using JamPoints (or both?) will help. But, do you really need them, or is it excess GAS? ;)

It looks like upgrading my Amplitube Collection to MAX status just became an option!

I am joining a third time for the new Amplitube gear added...

For a $49.99 Group Buy order (before JamPoints are applied) all that MAX gear can now be added to our collections with the new GB selection additions.

While SOME of it may be "excess GAS" there are definitely a few pedals and pieces of gear amongst the MAX collection that really have my interest. I am pleased to be able to just add them since any of them could end up being a favorite piece of gear for some kind of sound I am trying to achieve.

Gonna grab the the X-Gear pedals too, with the bonuses from my more expensive GB order!

Some of it's probably unnecessary... but it's all part of a Heavenly sonic gas that fills me with bliss!!
zedd

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling