AmpliTube 5 Presets (Save as)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 Presets (Save as)

Postby bill28540 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Can someone tell me how to save my own presets without overwriting the preset I changed.
I don't see any "Save As"? When I go to a preset I like and then change it, then when I go to save it it overrides that preset.

Please help...
bill28540

Re: AmpliTube 5 Presets (Save as)

Postby fjzax » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:57 am

When you click the save button, a box will appear where you can change the preset name (thus saving as a new preset), as well as some other parameters (like destination, sound character, etc...). I first created a new folder where AmpliTube's existing presets are saved so that I can save my own presets there for quick access.

Hope that helps.

fj
fjzax

Postby bill28540 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:04 am

Yes, That's what I did. But when I went back to find that preset that I changed the name and location, that preset was no longer on AmpliTube. Say for instance I go to a preset that says "Joe's Clean Amp" than I change it a little and make my own. Now I go in and save it in the pop up box, change the name, location, etc. But now when I go back to find "Joe's Clean Amp" it's nowhere to be found?
bill28540

Postby fjzax » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:24 am

I just tried one here to confirm, and it works as it should at my end. Brought up an existing preset, clicked the save button (popup appeared), changed the existing preset name and location, then clicked save at the bottom of the popup box. The new preset saved and the old preset is still there. I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

fj
fjzax

Postby bill28540 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:23 am

Ok I will contact support.

Thank you for checking at your end.
bill28540

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:17 pm

Meanwhile, make a back-up copy of all the presets. just in case.

And, to help, others, please let us know how it gets resolved.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bwademusic » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:25 am

I'm having the very same thing happen...I follow the procedure to save a new present...rename it and determine its destination and it re writes the original sound...or at least the original seems to disappear...Have there been any conclusions to this problem?...thanks
bwademusic

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:37 pm

AmpliTube 5 throws a huge warning if you are overwriting an existing preset. I have a feeling nothing is being overwritten. I'm sure IK Support can get to the bottom of the issue some are experiencing here and clarify what is happening.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TheMiko1976 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:52 am

Peter_IK wrote:AmpliTube 5 throws a huge warning if you are overwriting an existing preset. I have a feeling nothing is being overwritten. I'm sure IK Support can get to the bottom of the issue some are experiencing here and clarify what is happening.

I'm having the same issue. No SAVE AS button shows up. I'm using Windows 11
TheMiko1976

Postby TheMiko1976 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:00 am

bill28540 wrote:Ok I will contact support.

Thank you for checking at your end.

Did you figure it out?
TheMiko1976

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:01 pm

Like I said above there would be a huge warning if you tried to overwrite anything. There is no "Save As" you'd be able to change the name during the save dialogue and will be warned if you are about to overwrite. If you are still having issues please contact IK Support and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TheMiko1976 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:21 pm

IK got back to me via email.

If you change a preset and want to save (while still keeping the original), you need ti make the changes and click on the arrow next to the field that tells you the name of the pre set. RENAME THE PRESET before you save it. If you don't, you'll will overwrite the original
TheMiko1976

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:43 pm

So what I said above :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Devillers1957 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:58 am

Are we talking using save as under the “file” (top left) menu or somewhere else?
Devillers1957

Postby rbot » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:56 pm

I was having this same issue. In my case, with a tone loaded, I would go to the drop menu, select 'Edit', change the name, then click 'Save' at the bottom of the dialog, thinking this would create a new preset with the new name. However, this just overwrites ("edits") the original tone. If I click the "Save" icon (to the right of the drop menu), the "Save" dialog box appears (which looks exactly the same as the "Edit' dialog except for the heading). If I clck Save from within the Save dialog it creates a new tone as expected, without overwriting.

I think the UI needs tweaking in order to make the process of creating/editing user tones clearer. It needs dedicated "Save" and "Save As" menu options in the drop menu. We all know what those mean and how to use them. Having an Edit option in the drop menu and a Save icon (that looks like a Download icon) outside the drop menu is confusing. A User Presets folder would also be nice.

Hope this helps someone else having a similar issue.
rbot

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling