Costs more to upgrade to 5 MAX than buying it outright?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Costs more to upgrade to 5 MAX than buying it outright?

Postby StupidUsernameRules1 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:19 am

I need someone to check my maths here... does it cost more to upgrade to 5 MAX than to buy it outright?

Amplitube 5 costs $300.
Amplitube 5 MAX costs $600.

Therefore, the upgrade from 5 to 5 MAX should be $300, right?

Meaning to buy 5 MAX, I thought I could just upgrade. The upgrade is $400. Am I missing some other "grade" option or something? What if someone wants to try 5 before committing to 5 MAX? That seems a bit predatory...
StupidUsernameRules1

Re: Costs more to upgrade to 5 MAX than buying it outright?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:22 am

'Fraid not.

There is no specific AT5 to AT5 MAX product.

The 400 price is the Upgrade/Crossgrade price which is applicable if you have any Qualify Product (that is, with a MSRP of 99 or more). The plus side is that you would also qualify for the Crossgrades to several other IK Multimedia products. Have a look in your User Area / Crossgrades & Upgrades section to see which ones are available to you.

And you can try AT5 by installing the (free) AT5 Custom Shop edition. if you have a previous version of AmpliTube all your gear will work in AT5. After installation and Registration using the IK Product Manager, also do a "Restore my Purchases" in the Custom Shop (v2.something).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling