Amplitube and the Group Buy

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube and the Group Buy

Postby glocke » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:23 am

Sorry if this is a dumb question......I've spent the last few days looking through every comparison document I can find for both Amplitube and BiasFX, and my head is spinning!

If I buy Amplitube SE in the group buy sale, and then for my free products in the group buy I take EVERY available Amplitube add-on pack, will that bring my Amplitube up to the equivalent of Amplitube Max?

Also, Amplitube doesn't have anything like the Tonecloud thing that Bias has, does it? It's not a deal-breaker, but I am just curious.
glocke

Re: Amplitube and the Group Buy

Postby huli50 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:11 am

glocke wrote:If I buy Amplitube SE in the group buy sale, and then for my free products in the group buy I take EVERY available Amplitube add-on pack, will that bring my Amplitube up to the equivalent of Amplitube Max?

Nope. There are dozens of models that are included in AT5 MAX that are not included in an 'add-on pack'. These would include:
Jet City amps, Hiwatt amp, Engl amps, Dr.Z, Bogner, Friedman, Aguilar, PRS Archon, Diezel, T-Rex pedals, Wampler pedals, Seymour Duncan pedals, Ampless, VariDiode, and maybe another 20+ pedals, some 20+ racks, the UltraTuner, and a couple of amp rooms. If you opted to get regular AT5 instead of SE, you'd get some of these missing models, but again not all.

In my opinion, for folks that are gear nuts like me that like the variety and experimentation, then you have to buy MAX at least once. It doesn't help that I have an obsessive need to collect all Amplitube gear. I don't even own a bass and I had to get the SVX2 collection just to be 'complete'.
huli50

Postby glocke » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:18 am

OK, thanks for that. I feel your pain with the need for 'completeness'! I do own a bass (a few) as well as a guitar (a few), but I am the world's crappest player. I am not in a band or anything, I don't do any recording...I just like making noise, so I don't know whether I can justify the budgetary stretch to the Max version, but it sure would be nice to have all that other extra stuff...

Now my head is spinning even more.....I may have to consult the coin of fate for my purchasing decision (heads I buy it, tails I don't!)
glocke

Postby smata65 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:33 am

glocke wrote:OK, thanks for that. I feel your pain with the need for 'completeness'! I do own a bass (a few) as well as a guitar (a few), but I am the world's crappest player. I am not in a band or anything, I don't do any recording...I just like making noise, so I don't know whether I can justify the budgetary stretch to the Max version, but it sure would be nice to have all that other extra stuff...

Now my head is spinning even more.....I may have to consult the coin of fate for my purchasing decision (heads I buy it, tails I don't!)

While it is true that You won't get absolutely everything, You can Buy At5 standard and get all the collections as Freebies. This way You'll get very close to AT5 Max. There are some models only available in the custom shop, like the T-Rex, and Wampler pedals, or the Dr. Z and Jet city amps, but I don't think you'll miss them much while playing with all the gear that you will get. Besides, You can buy those at a later time, or make a bigger Gear Credit purchase, and get those that are of interest to you. Either way, It will be cheaper than buying AT5 Max

I don.t think You'll want to miss this unprecedented and biggest ever group buy
smata65

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling