AmpliTube 5 locked pedals

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 locked pedals

Postby Jrivard315 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 am

Just got Axe I/o solo with AmpliTube 5. Most pedals are locked. I saw the thread about re-authorizing software in IK manager and hitting restore my purchases in Custom Shop as well as getting version 2.0 of CS.
No luck. Anyone have any other fixes? I did write support also.
Jrivard315

Re: AmpliTube 5 locked pedals

Postby Huddy_IK » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:52 pm

Welcome to the IK Forums, Jrivard315!

The AXE I/O Solo + AmpliTube 5 Bundle does include a great slice of gear to work with. Check out the link here to check and make sure you have the right models appearing for your purchase. There are lots of models available in AmpliTube 5 but not all are included with your version.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby Jrivard315 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:12 am

Thank you that was helpful. The axe Solo I ordered was actually supposed to come with aT-4 Deluxe.
Could you tell me the levels of version 4.
Looks like there are 4 levels of AT-5 and SE is the 2nd level.
So I'm wondering what AT-4 Deluxe is in comparison. That is what I paid for but if that is also level 2 it makes no sense to attempt to get that. But if it's more complete it would make sense.
I cannot find the AT-4 PDF chart.
Jrivard315

Postby huli50 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:39 am

Jrivard315 wrote:Thank you that was helpful. The axe Solo I ordered was actually supposed to come with aT-4 Deluxe.
Could you tell me the levels of version 4.
Looks like there are 4 levels of AT-5 and SE is the 2nd level.
So I'm wondering what AT-4 Deluxe is in comparison. That is what I paid for but if that is also level 2 it makes no sense to attempt to get that. But if it's more complete it would make sense.
I cannot find the AT-4 PDF chart.

There's this:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube4deluxe/
Not as convenient as a chart that directly compares AT4 Deluxe against AT5 SE, but it's something. I've also done my own comparison charts when AT5 was first launched, and as far as gear models are concerned, AT4 Deluxe definitely has more models than AT5 SE.

AT4 had Amplitube 4 CS, Amplitube 4, Amplitube 4 Deluxe, and Amplitube 4 Max. Deluxe was right under MAX.
huli50

Postby Huddy_IK » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:56 pm

Thanks Huli50!

That link does help display what is included in AmpliTube 4 Deluxe. A quick check of your account does show the AmpliTube 4 Deluxe was added to your account, so those models should be appearing for you.

Within AmpliTube 5, there is a filter to display Owned vs Not Owned models. Click the icon in the upper right corner next to the search field so that it displays a 'check' only. This will display models Owned. If it displays an 'X', it is showing models Not Owned. You can also view both a 'check' and an 'X' displaying both Owned and Not Owned.

If you have any ongoing troubles, please reach out to the Support team, they can help clarify further as needed.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby Jrivard315 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:28 am

Thankyou for that information. I do see AT4 under my products but I do not see any way to actually install it. Maybe this isn't possible if I'm running version 5?

So moving on I noticed I have 2 Satriani collections to download, which I did. I followed the instructions and unzipped the folders and put them in Doc/IKmultimedia/AT5/presets and all the Satriani collections are still locked.
In /presets there are folders for AT5, AT5 CS, AT5 MAx (no SE which is weird because that is what I'm told I have and "about AT5 doesn't say ?) I tried taking the presets and placing them in each folder, nothing unlocks any Satriani collections?
I also put the folders in AT collections folder inside the presets folder.
In AT when I click on collections I see the Satriani collection under amps, pedals and so on but everything is locked no matter where I put the folders.

What am I missing here?
Jrivard315

Postby huli50 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:00 pm

You should be able to install AT4 and AT5 if you wanted to. The IK Product Manager should have AT4 in your account and an 'Install' button to the right of it. I currently have both installed on my computer even though I don't use AT4 anymore.

As for the Satriani collection, there's only one collection. That collection has a bunch of gear. There are actually three Joe Satriani preset bundles that are different from the Satriani gear collections. Those are free and downloadable and you can put them in the proper location on your machine. However, just because you downloaded the presets, doesn't mean you unlocked the gear. If you have the presets without the gear, then in AT5 when you select such a preset, it may give you a popup window saying you lack certain gear to properly apply the preset.

That being said, do you actually own the Satriani gear collection? If not, then what you're experiencing is what should be expected. AT5 should still show all the Satriani gear locked. If you do own the Satriani collection, then you should try restoring your purchases inside of the Custom Shop. FYI, the Satriani gear collection does not typically come bundled with other software. It actually came out well after AT4 Deluxe or MAX, so it's not automatically included in those products. Also, if/when you buy the Satriani gear collection, I think you only need to type the serial number into the Authorization Manager and that will unlock the collection in AT5. You don't have to download anything. This also makes me think you only downloaded presets rather than the actual gear.

Hope this helps.
huli50

Postby Jrivard315 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:12 am

Yeah thanks a lot that explains it. Presets are not gear. I do not have the Satriani collection. Listening to demos it sounds like the best modern-ish guitar tone for that instrumental guitar type sound.
Jrivard315

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:11 am

But, of course, you can Try out all that gear in AT5. :) For 72 hours each.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling