Does Amplitube 5 allow fuzz pedals in effects loop?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Does Amplitube 5 allow fuzz pedals in effects loop?

Postby iankinzel » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:14 pm

Pretty much what the subject says...on Amplitube 4, I've only been able to put certain stompboxes into the effects loop of the amp, and I'm wondering if Amplitube 5 allows you to put any stompbox in there that you want.

Back in my amp days, one of my favorite tricks was to put a modded Big Muff in the effects loop, turn off the pedal's tone stack, set it to unity volume + 9 o'clock on the sustain, and let the preamp drive the Muff circuit. Obviously this required a LOT of caution to keep from blowing the amp fuse, and it's the type of thing I only ever tried at first because I didn't know wtf I was doing...but when done right, I was very happy with the fuzzy drive sound that got me. I was never really able to generate that sound any other way (though I got sorta close with a preamp pedal feeding into the Muff - but at that point you've got like 2 1/2 preamps duking it out for supremacy).

Another side benefit to this is, if you can put a drive/distortion/fuzz pedal into the loop, you can kinda simulate the sound of some of those '70s/'80s amps that had a solid state preamp and a tube power amp. (And amp reverb feeding into distortion sounds sooooo cool if you know how you wanna harness that beast).

Anyway, if this is something I can do in the new version of Amplitube, then that's game-changing for me and I will gladly offer IK Multimedia my first-born in exchange for this magic. (Or if I'm just full of it and it's something you CAN do in Amplitube 4...by all means, I'm all ears. Wouldn't be the first time my dumb @ss missed something that obvious! :D )

thanks all!

- Ian Kinzel, "The Other IK"
iankinzel

Re: Does Amplitube 5 allow fuzz pedals in effects loop?

Postby Huddy_IK » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:05 am

Yes! AmpliTube 5 offers more flexibility in FX placement. You can drop Fuzz or any other stomp box effects into the Effects Loop of the selected amp. AmpliTube 4 was limited in the options or the Effects Loop compared to the new version.

Sounds like some fun experimenting to dig into!

Keep the first-born though, we happily accept money as an alternative payment method. :mrgreen:
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Re: Does Amplitube 5 allow fuzz pedals in effects loop?

Postby supanorton » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:30 am

iankinzel wrote:Pretty much what the subject says...on Amplitube 4, I've only been able to put certain stompboxes into the effects loop of the amp, and I'm wondering if Amplitube 5 allows you to put any stompbox in there that you want.

Back in my amp days, one of my favorite tricks was to put a modded Big Muff in the effects loop, turn off the pedal's tone stack, set it to unity volume + 9 o'clock on the sustain, and let the preamp drive the Muff circuit. Obviously this required a LOT of caution to keep from blowing the amp fuse, and it's the type of thing I only ever tried at first because I didn't know wtf I was doing...but when done right, I was very happy with the fuzzy drive sound that got me. I was never really able to generate that sound any other way (though I got sorta close with a preamp pedal feeding into the Muff - but at that point you've got like 2 1/2 preamps duking it out for supremacy).

Another side benefit to this is, if you can put a drive/distortion/fuzz pedal into the loop, you can kinda simulate the sound of some of those '70s/'80s amps that had a solid state preamp and a tube power amp. (And amp reverb feeding into distortion sounds sooooo cool if you know how you wanna harness that beast).

Anyway, if this is something I can do in the new version of Amplitube, then that's game-changing for me and I will gladly offer IK Multimedia my first-born in exchange for this magic. (Or if I'm just full of it and it's something you CAN do in Amplitube 4...by all means, I'm all ears. Wouldn't be the first time my dumb @ss missed something that obvious! :D )

thanks all!

- Ian Kinzel, "The Other IK"

Please let us know how this goes for you. I'm in the middle of a project that isn't allowing me any time to experiment, but this sounds like it could be really cool.
supanorton

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling