Rack Power Amp Model?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Rack Power Amp Model?

Postby Aquila Rossa » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:08 am

Hi

I am trying to find a rack poweramp model in AT5 SE and Custom Shop. There does not seem to be one. Correct?

A power amp sim is useful for running preamps or preamp style pedals into your DAW and IRs like in AT5. It gives the preamp sound that bit extra you get from a power amp working hard. Similar to how the sound gets bigger when cranking a master volume.

Two Notes WOS has it, but I prefer just using standalone AT5 and end up not using my outboard gear and are using amp models instead.

Modelling something like the old Marshall Dual Monoblock power amp that went with their JMP-1 preamp would be super useful.

That's because I like having an outboard preamp and hitting it with my pedals, but I am not a fan of running my Marshall JMP 50 replica amp into my reactive load to get the power amp's sound into AT5's cab IRs and effects etc (it makes me nervous that my amp will blow, which I have done a few times now, e.g., Angus takes a truck load of spares on tour, because the dialled to 10 Plexi amps tend to blow up on the regular).

I you agree, then please say so and maybe IK will make a rack poweramp model for us.
Aquila Rossa

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling