What to do with existing AT5 license

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

What to do with existing AT5 license

Postby b0uch3 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:09 pm

I just purchased Axe I/O bundle that includes Amplitube 5 Max.

Last year I bought AT4 Max, and then I bought the crossgrade to AT5 standard when that was released.

Since Axe I/O bundle comes with AT5 Max, I'm wondering what that means for previous licenses.

Would the new license just merge with my existing purchase, or are they separate?

Can I deauthorize existing license, authorize Amplitube 5 Max and give away/sell previous license for AmpliTube 5 SE?

I notice in IK Product manager that AT5 SE was registered dec 16, 2020. AT5 Max shows registered today, though I didn't install or reconfigure anything to enable AT5 Max.

This is where it seems confusing to me.
b0uch3

Re: What to do with existing AT5 license

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Yes, I reckon that you should be able to Unauthorize AT5 SE, then Register the AT5 MAX and use that. Do a "Restore my purchases" in thew Custom Shop and make sure that all the AT5 MAX gear models are available.

If all is well, then you can Transfer that AT5 SE Serial Number (and the AT4 MAX?) to someone-else. If either licence was a Crossgrade/ Upgrade then the recipient will need a Qualifying Product in order to use the Serial Number.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: What to do with existing AT5 license

Postby b0uch3 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:14 pm

thanks.

I verified that the additional models weren't available in current installation, then I deauthorized previous versions.

I added the serial number for AT5 Max to product manager, when I reloaded, I could see all of the extra models and collections.

So it seems that I don't need the keys for AT4 Max and AT5 SE. I bought At4 Max when it was super cheap, but AT5 SE was definitely a cross grade.
b0uch3

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling