Any Amplitube Metal fans ?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Any Amplitube Metal fans ?

Postby StevenMikel » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:07 pm

I'm really digging the Metal Lead V and Vintage Metal Lead. I really like blending the Vintage Metal Lead with other amps like the Metal Lead V, the SLD 100 and, the Brit 8000. I usually go for VH and 80's hair metal type of tones.
StevenMikel

Re: Any Amplitube Metal fans ?

Postby carlaz » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:59 pm

I have to admit that I probably use the newer SJ50 a little more than I ever used the Metal Lead V (though both are based on the 5150, of course). I wouldn't mind at all if the Vintage Metal Lead got an update, though. The manual says, somewhat cryptically, that it is based on a Marshall "JMP100"; I suspect this implies what Marshall sold in the late '70s as the "Marshall Master Model 100w Lead #2203", which is sort of the "missing link" between the non-master-volume "plexis" and the later JCM800s (i.e., the Brit8000 in AmpliTube).

You might also want to check out the Satch VM, which is based on the Marshall JVM410HJS (i.e., the Joe Satriani signature version of the JVM410). It's quite a "Swiss Army knife" of Marshalls, with a variety of interesting tones in multiple channels; the Crunch channel's Red mode is (according to the original Marshall manual) intended to provide a "modded JCM800 sound that so defined the '80s era". 8-) I should confess that I'm not actually a real Satriani fan myself, but the gear models in his collection are brilliant for this kind of thing. There's also the Boston 100, which models the Rockman X100, and is just "none more '80s". :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby StevenMikel » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:36 am

I just got the Joe Satriani pack a few days ago and only played with it an hour or so. I've Amplitube Metal for about a year but, never really messed with it until a couple of weeks ago(I don't know why) and, I've been having a lot of fun with it. The SJ50 is the whole package as far as a model of the 5150 goes, I'm sure it sounds better too. The SatchVM looks interesting too. I'm just surprised and excited by the sounds I'm getting from Amplitube Metal.
StevenMikel

Postby carlaz » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:55 am

Even though AmpliTube Metal is a bit "long in the tooth" these days, it's incredible value still. Especially with the updated speaker modeling in AmpliTube 5, that stuff all sounds better than ever.

I would be happy to see the Vintage Metal Lead updated, though. And while I do not think that the Metal Distortion 2 (based on the HM-2) was actually part of the Metal package, I'd like to see that (amongst various other pedals!) updated as well. :mrgreen: That's received quite a lot of attention recently, thanks to the new Boss Waza Craft version.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Not only the speakers but there are improvements due to the new AmpliTube 5 engine overall and all amps received the impedance update for AT5 which seems to keep slipping under the radar :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling