Amplitube 5 crashes in Ableton

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 crashes in Ableton

Postby mark.ferres@gmail.com » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:43 pm

Without fail, when I load Amplitube 5 in Ableton 11 and I select the <RACKS> icon within the Gear Selector area, Ableton crashes.

Can a resolution be suggested for this rather fundamental defect?
mark.ferres@gmail.com

Re: Amplitube 5 crashes in Ableton

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:18 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Zombitshe03 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:14 am

Hey,
I've got the exact same issue with Ableton 11 and haven't find a way to fix it yet.

Have you find any fix so far ?

In the meantime i'll be contacting support

Update: I've just updated Amplitube from 5.0 to 5.1, now Ableton crashes directly when opening the VST(3) file...
Zombitshe03

Postby mark.ferres@gmail.com » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:12 am

So, a simple uninstall and reinstall fixed it for me. Works perfectly now. The only difference with the reinstall was that instead of using a custom directory to install VST3 plugins to. I decided to install to the default directory. Whilst this almost certainly cannot be the cause, thought it worth pointing out.
mark.ferres@gmail.com

Postby Zombitshe03 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:47 am

I did the exact same thing and this seems to work for me too !

Thanks a lot
Zombitshe03

Postby wmather » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 am

Hi,

I had same problem. Custom vst and vst3 folder. Vst2 worked but vst3 crashed Ableton.

The reinstall did work for me. I also removed any stale vsts in default locations before reinstall.
wmather

Postby EwoudVE1 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:40 pm

Was this a reinstall of ableton live 11 or Amplitube ?
Experiencing crashing issues as well, while opening AU of VST3
EwoudVE1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling