Upgrade question: A4 deluxe to A5 MAX

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Upgrade question: A4 deluxe to A5 MAX

Postby mikebr8on » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:49 pm

I bought Amplitube 5, surprised to see that my upgrade price to A5 MAX is exactly the same as it was before I owned Amplitube... $400.

Weird, no? I paid $200 for A5 regular.

Well OK, at Guitar Center, where I have store credit that I'd like to use, I see I can buy their $350 version of AXE I/O that appears to come with A4 Deluxe, not A5 MAX. My question: What is the cost of the upgrade to A5 MAX from A4 Deluxe?

I know that I can get both the AXE I/O and A5 MAX from IK directly for $400.... but then I wouldn't be using my Guitar Center store credit.

Thanks for the help.
mikebr8on

Re: Upgrade question: A4 deluxe to A5 MAX

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:44 pm

The upgrade is 399.99. It is essentially a crossgrade as you'd qualify with an IK product purchase of 99.99.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mikebr8on » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:09 pm

Thanks Peter.

Do you think there's any chance Guitar Center could / would sell me an AXE I/O for that same $399.99 bundle price on the IK website, and include A5 MAX?
mikebr8on

Postby mikebr8on » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:14 pm

Oh, also... I realize that there are issues with AXE I/O on M1 MACs... specifically the control panel software (I think?)... and I'm actually OK with that for now. But I presume in the next several months we'll be seeing software updates that fix this issue? Meaning, support for M1 MACs is indeed coming, at some point in the not-so-distant future?

And does the AXE I/O actually work otherwise without using the control panel software?
mikebr8on

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:16 pm

I'm not sure they would carry that bundle, but I can ask our rep if they might in the future.

What issues on M1 Macs? We have tested and AXE I/O works on M1 Macs, though it is indeed class compliant so you don't have to have the Control Panel software but it helps with the routing and levels etc so it is strongly recommended.

It is officially confirmed to work per this FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1412
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mikebr8on » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:25 pm

I'd very much appreciate that.
I'd love to spend my Guitar Center credit for this.

I read, per this post:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27997&p=120069&hilit=big+sur+control+panel#p120069

back on July 15, there's a known issue in Big Sur with the Control Panel.
So, not specifically M1 MACs.

It's the very last comment on that thread.
mikebr8on

Postby mikebr8on » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:39 pm

Ah, I followed that link you gave which lead me to another page where this issue is listed:

"AXE I/O Control Panel: The "Controller" tab MIDI values are unable to be edited. We are currently looking into resolutions."

this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1309
mikebr8on

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling