Going from AT4 MAX to AT5. I have questions. Thank you

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Going from AT4 MAX to AT5. I have questions. Thank you

Postby kmjk68 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:56 am

Hello,
I need help going from AT4 Max to AT5. I think I will have some issues and I hope I will be able to get some help. I originally had AT4 and then upgraded to AT4 Max. The upgrade worked perfectly. The computer I had AT4 Max on had died and I got a new computer. I haven't tried installing any AT version on the new computer. I just got AT5 as a free product with the 25x1 promotion. The only version of AT5 I had available to get was an AT5 Upgrade.

So my questions are:1) Do I need to install AT4 then the AT4 Max upgrade and then AT5? Or just the AT5 and then all of the gear in AT4 Max will be available?

2) Do I need to install AT4 CS and then AT5 CS?

3)Will I have an issue reinstalling AT4 and AT4 Max upgrade(if I need to do that) since the program was already installed and activated on another computer that died?

Thank you very much.
Kevin
kmjk68

Re: Going from AT4 MAX to AT5. I have questions. Thank you

Postby garfy » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:35 am

Hi Kevin

kmjk68 wrote:Do I need to install AT4 then the AT4 Max upgrade and then AT5? Or just the AT5 and then all of the gear in AT4 Max will be available?

Install and authorise AT5 in the IKPM. After that authorise your AT4MAX serial with the IKPM. You may need to go into the Custom Shop app (which will automatically be installed alongside AT5) and click on Restore My Purchases, but this should be all you need to do to get all of your previously owned gear available in AT5, along with the new gear.

kmjk68 wrote:Do I need to install AT4 CS and then AT5 CS?

Nope

kmjk68 wrote:Will I have an issue reinstalling AT4 and AT4 Max upgrade(if I need to do that) since the program was already installed and activated on another computer that died?

You should not have an issue. You will have a number of authorisations remaining for AT4(&MAX) which will be available to you. Be aware that if you have any old DAW projects that were using AT4 you will need to install AT4 for these to open correctly. AT5 is a new app and will not automatically replace AT4 in these situations.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Going from AT4 MAX to AT5. I have questions. Thank you

Postby kmjk68 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:57 pm

garfy,

Thank you very much for your excellent information. Have a great day.

Kevin
kmjk68

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling