How to Use AT5 CS as a VST? I'm Missing Something

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How to Use AT5 CS as a VST? I'm Missing Something

Postby Mts3212crp » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:06 am

I downloaded, installed, and authorized Amplitube 5 CS (the free version). I want to try before I buy. The ultimate intent is to use as a VST in my DAW, Studio One 4. However, when running the .exe file there are no options or questions asked about whether I want to install a standalone version or vsts for use as a plug-in. All I got is a CS icon on my desktop that is merely a shopping/store interface to show pricing and trial periods for various equipment. I can only assume that equipment shown that doesn't include a price was meant to be include in the free version. This store interface looks nothing like the standalone version and there is no way to set up a signal chain to run a guitar through. Similarly, looking at the downloaded files, I don't see any vst files available to path to. Regardless, within Studio One I pathed to the downloaded files just in case, and as suspected they are not recognized.

So.....what am I missing? Please help! I'm sure it's something painfully obvious. I'm 40 going on 80 when it comes to technology. :)
Mts3212crp

Re: How to Use AT5 CS as a VST? I'm Missing Something

Postby Mts3212crp » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:42 am

Oy, nevermind. I found a video on YouTube that identified the issue for me. I only actually installed the CS, and not Amplitube itself. Derp!
Mts3212crp

Re: How to Use AT5 CS as a VST? I'm Missing Something

Postby livesforrap » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:00 pm

:lol:

Happens to the best ones :)
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling