Am I just SOL?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Am I just SOL?

Postby OldIKUser1 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:52 am

Just wondering if someone like PeterIK can confirm that I am "simply outta luck" on this.

I purchased an AXE I/O interface on the 23rd of July, and only registered it on the 17th of august.

I read on the box that it comes with Amplitube 4 Deluxe, I realized fully at the time of purchase that this was not the current version of the software, that would come bundled with the AXE I/O for a higher price.

As I had already purchased the TS3 Max package & I did not need another copy of the Amplitube 5 program I opted for the less costly interface package.

I thought that it was coming with Amplitube 4 Deluxe, and that I could make use of this version of the software on an older, slower laptop.

Upon registration, in my user area/my products page, on the website-it shows that the AXE I/O, AmpliTube 4 Deluxe, and AXE I/O T-RackS Collection were all registered.

The AmpliTube 4 Deluxe never appeared in my IK PM.

I also registered a pair of MTM speakers and the set also shows only on the my products website page, and not in the IK PM.

I opened a support ticket about this, and was told to uninstall the IK PM and reinstall the latest version and everything would be fixed-that is the missing products would show in the Product Manager.

I already had the latest version installed, but still followed along, uninstalled the PM, and reinstalled-this furnished me with no change-both products are still missing from the IK PM.

Even just now uninstalled again as version 1.0.4 version has since become available so I had to do this-just to get into the IK PM -Still no Amp. 4 Deluxe and no MtM speakers.

I relayed the fact that the process had been unsuccessful-within the ticket.

I have now received reply that the Amp. 4 software is discontinued and so Instead it is "upgraded" to Amplitube 5 CS, the free version of the current Amp. software.

Is there no way for me to get access to the software for Amp 4 Deluxe?

I have been led to understand that as long as the Software was registered it had no expiration date and therefore could be re-downloaded from the website more or less indefinitely and it was only the "Sound Files" that we needed to back up due to the fact that they expire after 180 days.

It just seems a bit bizarre that a company would create packaging that states a specific product comes with software-but when the purchaser attempts to claim the software, they are told sorry you only get a lesser freeware(albeit newer) version,-that anyone can download freely.

Thanks in advance for any clarification on this.
OldIKUser1

Re: Am I just SOL?

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:45 am

No, you should have access to AmpliTube 4 Deluxe too. Please let the support rep know that you would like to know how to download and install your AT4 Deluxe and they will continue to assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling