Custom IR organization within Amplitube5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom IR organization within Amplitube5

Postby shapi333 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:53 pm

Hello -
I am new to Amplitube 5 and so far liking it a lot. I have 1 issue and perhaps it's something I am missing? I frequently use my own IRs, which I have many of.. I see how to load them into the custom IR "Impulse Response List", but is there a way to organize these (i.e Folders). I have so many and it's a complete mess having all my IRs in one gigantic list.

Perhaps it's a feature that will soon be implemented?

Thanks,
shapi333

Re: Custom IR organization within Amplitube5

Postby Huddy_IK » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:16 pm

Thanks for your suggestion!

We have had similar requests from others and this topic is on the list of future improvements in an upcoming update. Keep an eye out for updates and new features.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby blueskyvisions » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:22 pm

Any updates on this request? I have the same problem, and it's becoming a bit of a mess. I'd be happy with an update that organizes the IRs alphanumerically. I'm not sure how it works on PCs, but on a Mac, the sorting is entirely random—AT5 seems to pick its own method. Every time I want to use a new IR, I need to search the complete list. Yeah, not fun :(
blueskyvisions

Postby machinated » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:05 pm

Being able to organise IR’s into folders would be very helpful, likewise with colour coding, favourites, type to search, metadata etc.
machinated

Postby rwyler » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:53 pm

The way to solve this is to enhance the tags area. Organizing in "folders" should be done via their tag system they have. If you could use better "tag" selection then you could navigate your IRs and other presets by selecting the different tags, which would basically filter down the giant list down to what you want. Comment on my recent post if you agree for this. I'm hoping we can get enough visibility on my post to get IK Multimedia to quickly roll out this enhancement. It should be trivial to add.

Here's my post that describes the solution to your problem.
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31046
rwyler

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling