Can't Install Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Can't Install Amplitube 5

Postby daveleenc » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:14 am

I just purchased Amplitube 5 (I had been using the free version). The instructions seemed to say that IK Product Manager would take care of the installation. When I go to Product Manager I don't see anything that has changed. There are no actions for me to take that I can find.

I reinstalled Product Manager (although I did not uninstall the old one) and nothing changed. When I run my free version of Amplitube 5 I still get warnings like "this feature requires Amplitube 5".

I have opened a support ticket but is there something simple that I am missing here?

Thanks.

dave
daveleenc

Re: Can't Install Amplitube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:02 am

AmpliTube 5 CS and AmpliTube 5 are the same installed application. You should be able to authorize your AmpliTube 5 inside IK Product Manager if it already doesn't show Authorized. And if it is (or if you do that and it doesn't help) you can open Custom Shop from your Start Menu on Windows or Applications folder on macOS, and then do a "Restore My Purchases" and that should do it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby daveleenc » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:22 am

Peter, thanks for the response. I did a Restore my Purchases in CS (successfully per the app) and that did not change anything.

This is what Product Manager looks like both before and after the purchase.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jymqvbeizn3ip ... e.jpg?dl=0

Should I uninstall and reinstall Amplitube 5 or possibly just unauthorize it? I don't think that is the intent of the process so I have not yet tried that.

Thanks again.

dave

ps. This is acting like I bought this through a different account than what I am running. I honestly don't recall when I set up the account (it was dormant for quite some time), but it could be something like that. However from what I can tell Product Manager sees my ID correctly.
daveleenc

Postby DarkStar » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:40 pm

I do not think that reinstalling will change anything.

What does it show if you click on the [Products] tab the the AT5 entry in the IKPM? THat may show which edition(s) of AT5 are Authorized.

Try this:
-- unauthorize AT5,
-- Register your purchased AT5 Product Serial Number,
-- maybe, do a "Restore my Purchases" in the Custom Shop (v2).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby daveleenc » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:54 pm

Thanks for the help, all. I think I have made some progress. I did not realize that my software had a serial number (which I got off the Products page from the web interface to my account). I have to leave right now, but I did that step (via IK Product Manager) and I now have access to stuff that I did not have access to before.

dave
daveleenc

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling