Ampltiube 4 - Crackling/Popping sound on certain amps

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Ampltiube 4 - Crackling/Popping sound on certain amps

Postby Eyeris » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:23 am

Hello,

For a while, I can't seem to figure out why some amps I have produce this weird popping/crackling sound when I raise the volume of the entire mix on my DAW (Reaper). I am still somewhat new to using Amplitube and mixing in general but the only way I can get rid of the crackling sound is if I use EQ and lower the gain down somewhere around 8-12k. But doing this gets rid of some clarity for me on certain settings but I can't find a way around it. When rendering and listening to tracks, raising the volume knob on my Scarlett 2i2 really high will produce the sound only on the guitar, but no crackling on any MIDI instruments. As a result, listening to my rendered songs on other devices produces the crackling sounds.

This especially happens on amps with clean settings like the TransAtlantic TA-30 and Fender's 65' Deluxe Reverb. I also had an Orange Tiny Terror on low gain levels and yet the sound was there when the volume was raised.

I have tried lowering the gain on the amps, changing guitar instrument cables, and recording at around -18 dB.

CPU: Intel i9 9900k
RAM: 16 GB
Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Guitar directly plugs in)
DAW: Reaper (Using Amplitube as a plugin)

Any help would be appreciated!
Eyeris

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling