Purchased a pedal but it does not show up in Amplitube 4?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Purchased a pedal but it does not show up in Amplitube 4?

Postby WhiteWolf2495 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:10 am

Had to download the new custom shop in order to purchase a pedal through Amplitube 4 (Metal Distortion 2). However even after buying, registering the serial number, updating the custom shop and Amplitube 4, as well as restarting my computer - all several times - it STILL will not show up in the application.

Help?
WhiteWolf2495

Re: Purchased a pedal but it does not show up in Amplitube 4

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:27 am

The new Custom Shop is for AT5 only, not AT4.

You should be able to install "AT5 Custom Shop" using the IK Product Manager, then do a "Restore my purchases" in the Custom Shop to see all your AT4 gear and the pedal in AT5.

----------------------
Having said that I would hope that IKM provides a method to buy new gear for AT4, for those users who do not wish, for whatever reason, to move to AT5.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby WhiteWolf2495 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:39 am

DarkStar wrote:Having said that I would hope that IKM provides a method to buy new gear for AT4, for those users who do not wish, for whatever reason, to move to AT5.

So AT4 linked me to a custom shop that only let's me buy gear for AT5, with no notice or warning that I cannot use said gear through AT4 which I just bought it through?

After I buy a $15 pedal they tell me I actually need the new $200 software to use it...
WhiteWolf2495

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:58 am

I'm not sure what would cause that as I believe the previous version of Custom Shop should open when you are using AmpliTube 4.

Note that the gear you have will work in the free version of AmpliTube 5 without any issue. However you might want to inquire with IK Support to see if they can't troubleshoot what happened to cause the ability to buy new gear in a previous version of AmpliTube via Custom Shop. I'm sure they can figure it out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling