audio midi setup

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

audio midi setup

Postby Allerious » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:44 pm

I recently tried using AT5 and now when i go back to AT4 my presets sound totally different.

I'm sure it must be something to do with the audio midi setup. I vaguely remember finding some info on setting this up when i first bought AT4.

I've taken a screen shot of it:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/2852/remVRA.png

This screen shot is after i've fiddled around with it, in an attempt to get the presets sounding like they did, before i tried AT5.

What do i need to set all this stuff to for it to work correctly?
Allerious

Re: audio midi setup

Postby juic3maN » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:05 am

Why would MIDI have anything to do with the audio?
juic3maN

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:29 am

Also, AmpliTube 4 and 5 are completely different products that are installed separately. One does not affect the sound of the other. It is done that way on purpose. Seems like there might be something else at play here. First thing I notice is that built-in Windows audio will not give good results. AmpliTube is made to be used with a proper audio interface, ideally one with an instrument/Hi-Z input, in order to get the best sound with the least amount of latency.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Allerious » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:02 am

juic3maN wrote:Why would MIDI have anything to do with the audio?

Since i started messing with the MIDI i have lost all audio in AT4, so i'd say it does have something to do with the audio.

Peter_IK wrote:Also, AmpliTube 4 and 5 are completely different products that are installed separately. One does not affect the sound of the other. It is done that way on purpose. Seems like there might be something else at play here. First thing I notice is that built-in Windows audio will not give good results. AmpliTube is made to be used with a proper audio interface, ideally one with an instrument/Hi-Z input, in order to get the best sound with the least amount of latency.

Well i've been using AT4 for roughly a year now without a single issue. As soon as i tried using AT4 after installing AT5 the sound was completely different and not in a good way. That's a pretty big coincidence if it's not related to the AT5 install.

I found this:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1076

I recall having to install this ASIO driver when i first started using AT4.

I've downloaded the "ASIO4ALL 2.15 Beta 2 – English" driver and restarted my computer.

I'm not understanding what i should be selecting from all of the drop downs. I've tried various combinations and none of them produce any sound at all in AT4.

Here's a screen shot of the options i have:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/5889/eGLw9s.png

The "Audio MIDI Setup" input/output options are "ASIO4ALL v2" or "iRig Device". This is when "Technology" is set to ASIO.

The sound options in the left hand panel are:
Output: "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)" or "Speakers (2-iRig HD 2)

Input: "Line (2- iRig HD2)" or "Microphone (Realtek(R) Audio)"

What combinations should i be using here to get the sound back.... hopefully with the original sound i had before i installed AT5?
Allerious

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:45 pm

You should choose the ASIO device (audio interface) you are using. If it is not there, there could be any number of things happening. Have you opened a ticket with IK Support? It sounds like you'll need their assistance in this case.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Milew8181 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:00 pm

Am I able to downgrade to Amplitube 4? I have 5 and have no "MIDI setup" option. I have ASIO4ALl installed but for "input" when I select ASIO it makes a scremining feedback noise. There is no "settings" button as shown in the FAQ video, and the FAQ is for AMP 4 not 5, so I don't have the same options. I already returned my AX/IO because of the lack of support and inablity to get it to actually work without lag or muffled muddy sound.

I need exact steps from start to finish on how to setup for my guitar direct into my laptop. I have guitar into IRIG HD 2 going into laptop. Please, someine help me. I watch tons of videos and ALL seems to show this "working flawlessly" out of the box and I have seen no start to finish videos along with typical troubleshooting for common issues. I just want to play and it sound like I am playing normally through an amp, no lag. I watch players all the time do this without lag or background noise/feedback.

I downloaded an older version of ASIO and I can see the control panel but need to see a start to finish setup of someone who uses AMP 5 and IRIGHD2 direct into their pc, no externa, speakers.
Milew8181

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:03 pm

Milew8181 wrote:Am I able to downgrade to Amplitube 4? I have 5 and have no "MIDI setup" option. I have ASIO4ALl installed but for "input" when I select ASIO it makes a scremining feedback noise. There is no "settings" button as shown in the FAQ video, and the FAQ is for AMP 4 not 5, so I don't have the same options. I already returned my AX/IO because of the lack of support and inablity to get it to actually work without lag or muffled muddy sound.

I need exact steps from start to finish on how to setup for my guitar direct into my laptop. I have guitar into IRIG HD 2 going into laptop. Please, someine help me. I watch tons of videos and ALL seems to show this "working flawlessly" out of the box and I have seen no start to finish videos along with typical troubleshooting for common issues. I just want to play and it sound like I am playing normally through an amp, no lag. I watch players all the time do this without lag or background noise/feedback.

I downloaded an older version of ASIO and I can see the control panel but need to see a start to finish setup of someone who uses AMP 5 and IRIGHD2 direct into their pc, no externa, speakers.

iRig HD 2 would use the iRig ASIO drivers, not ASIO4ALL for best results. You can get that in your IK User Area under "Driver Downloads".
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Milew8181 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:30 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Milew8181 wrote:Am I able to downgrade to Amplitube 4? I have 5 and have no "MIDI setup" option. I have ASIO4ALl installed but for "input" when I select ASIO it makes a scremining feedback noise. There is no "settings" button as shown in the FAQ video, and the FAQ is for AMP 4 not 5, so I don't have the same options. I already returned my AX/IO because of the lack of support and inablity to get it to actually work without lag or muffled muddy sound.

iRig HD 2 would use the iRig ASIO drivers, not ASIO4ALL for best results. You can get that in your IK User Area under "Driver Downloads".

I only have the ASIO for input, and when I select it the entire pc screams with insane signal and feed back.

The FAQ is not for Amplitube 5, there is no :file , edit, settings" across the top.

Is there not a start to finish setup guide for Amptube 5? Why is this so difficult and why are the instructions always vague like "use ASIO"? That doesn't help I cannot get this to work at all, when I do get sound it is way laggy and sounds terrible like a broken amp.

Can I please hav some detailed, start to finish instructions? For 5? Why is there no FAQfor 5? 4 and 5 are different. I have no "AUDIO/MIDI" setup option. I have input, output and for MIDI the only option is "any".

There are many people I see with simialar issues but the only responses are "use ASIO" or links to FAQ for a different version.
Milew8181

Postby Milew8181 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:08 am

I downloaded 4, when I am at the settings, for MIDI input, there is no choice for anything like there is in the video on FAQ. Why does this have to be to hard? Seriously? Why are there not more troubleshooting videos or guides? This forum isn't very helpful, I am asking basic questions and following the guide to a TEE. NO option for MIDI input under settings and irig is plugged in
Milew8181

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:12 am

Milew8181 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

I only have the ASIO for input, and when I select it the entire pc screams with insane signal and feed back.

The FAQ is not for Amplitube 5, there is no :file , edit, settings" across the top.

Is there not a start to finish setup guide for Amptube 5? Why is this so difficult and why are the instructions always vague like "use ASIO"? That doesn't help I cannot get this to work at all, when I do get sound it is way laggy and sounds terrible like a broken amp.

Can I please hav some detailed, start to finish instructions? For 5? Why is there no FAQfor 5? 4 and 5 are different. I have no "AUDIO/MIDI" setup option. I have input, output and for MIDI the only option is "any".

There are many people I see with simialar issues but the only responses are "use ASIO" or links to FAQ for a different version.

I stated above where the iRig ASIO drivers are found. That's different than just choosing "ASIO" in AmpliTube 5. You need to download the iRig ASIO Drivers from your IK User Area under Driver Downloads.

This forum isn't a medium for direct technical support. We do have FAQs (including a whole section of them for AmpliTube 5) and such on our site and the audio settings for the software should be covered in the User Manual that is installed ith AmpliTube but we also have a team that is willing to assist you. If you install the iRig ASIO drivers, follow the User Manual for AmpliTube 5, and still have issues, they would be happy to assist you. You can check the FAQ here and then if you don't find what you need in a search there, you will see a link/button to open a ticket: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Milew8181 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:34 pm

^^^

I have downloaded everything from the IKmanager, including the ASIO. This IS a community forum that and there are plenty of people with very similar issues. It isn't out of the ordinary for me to think that there would be some actual step by step guides instead. I just don't understand why the FAQ is ONLY for AMP4 when they are totally different. It seems like I only have a license for 5 and have no option to downgrade, which I would do if I could
Milew8181

Postby Milew8181 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:53 pm

I am only able to get sound when I plug a pair of headphones into the iRig and only get sound with Amp4 not 5.

Any idea why this wouldn't come out of my built in PC speakers? Which type of External speakers are best for decent price? I want to be able to hear youtube and my guitar at the same time so I can record. I would like to be able to do this without the use of headphones. I am not using an AMP, just Guitar to IRIG2HD to laptop.

I am new with AMPlitube and cannot seem to find a sound that is similar to an actual heavy metal sound. I know there is a Pantera rig, but I dont' think I have access since I hae to use the FREE Ampitube 4. Since 4 works I would like to register 4, is that possible and how?
Milew8181

Postby Milew8181 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:55 pm

juic3maN wrote:Why would MIDI have anything to do with the audio?

I don't know, maybe because not everyone knows how to use this stuff as well as you do? I cannot stand when people act condescending instead of "trying" to help. It is all "nose in the air" how dare you now know about MIDI! why would you ask such a thing!? Because we don't know, that is why.

Trust me, if I had knowledge on something and you asked I Would give you a decent answer to the best of my ability, not another question. Thanks though....
Milew8181

Postby Milew8181 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:59 pm

It says "there will be a button to open a ticket" where? I see no option but to look at FAQ
Milew8181

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:27 am

Milew8181 wrote:It says "there will be a button to open a ticket" where? I see no option but to look at FAQ

Like stated above, once you search the FAQ if you don't find what you are looking for (and yes, there absolutely is - as also stated above - a full set of FAQs for AmpliTube 5 too) you will see a link/button to open a support ticket.

1. Visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
  2. Choose the proper category (in this case, software)
  3. Search the FAQ (you may want to click "AmpliTube 5 Frequently Asked Questions" and look through those, then the "Search FAQ" at the bottom of that list to search for help with your iRig HD 2 or enter some information about your problem)
  4. At the bottom of those results, if you haven't found a resolution to your issue click the red "Contact Support" button to open a ticket.

The FAQ resolves many issues without support intervention, and note that issues which appear to be the same frequently are not exactly the same so IK Support can look at exactly what you are experiencing and resolve the issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling