we need an orange collection two!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

we need an orange collection two!

Postby squeezenor » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:54 am

to my ears, the orange collection is the best and most versatile one in all of amplitube. but of the eight amps included:

-two still exist
-one has been updated
-five have been discontinued

so it's time. orange discontinues things so quickly that there is a bunch more stuff to choose from now. for example:

-cs50
-rockerverb mkiii
-or15
-th100 (or th30)
-ad30thc

all new terrors like:
-dark terror
-rocker 15 terror

new combos like:
-rocker 32 (or rocker 15)
-tremlord 30

new bass options like:
-terror bass
-ob1-500 (or ob1-300)
-little bass thing

not much new for cabs, but you can add:
-ppv212v
-obc112
-and the matching cabs from any combos

you also have the entire crush line, and lots of cult/discontinued stuff that maybe they want to make available for some awesome reason? the dual darks, the root/hinds terrors (unlikely), the shiny terror (and matching cab), or perhaps some other vintage monstrosity? they could even fluff things up with some of their pedals: the two stroke, getaway driver, bax bangeetar, bass butler, kongpressor, fur coat...

there's so much to choose from that this makes too much sense. i really hope it happens. that's a day one purchase for me. please make this happen soon, lovely people. thank you in advance.
squeezenor

Re: we need an orange collection two!

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:26 pm

Put these on the official AmpliTube GEAR Wish-List.
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarification
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby juic3maN » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:55 am

squeezenor wrote:-five have been discontinued

This doesn't seem like a compelling reason, though. People still want those sounds. If there are NEW sounds that are wanted, sure, but there's a lot of Fender amps in the collections that aren't made any more :-D
juic3maN

Postby squeezenor » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:01 am

juic3maN wrote:
squeezenor wrote:-five have been discontinued

This doesn't seem like a compelling reason, though. People still want those sounds. If there are NEW sounds that are wanted, sure, but there's a lot of Fender amps in the collections that aren't made any more :-D
yeah, but the fender was cleared saddled with amps that were at the time contemporary that i'm guessing people weren't all that interested about, relative to the rest of them. and both collections were generally aiming toward classic fender sounds, if not classic fender amps.

the orange collection only has one "vintage" amp; the rest were current at the time of creation/release. that's why i feel it's worth updating; either by bringing in more classic amps (which orange is loathe to do in real life), or by bringing in some of their new current wares. i'm not sure when the orange collection originally launched, but i'm guessing it was in the 2011-2013 time frame, judging by what's in it.

that said, it's still my favorite pile of amps in there. i just want more now. it wasn't intended to be an amp hall of fame/amp graveyard. though i'm ecstatic that the amps in there are included, or else i'd be asking for those in the orange collection two. :lol: not many other brands bother to take a stab at an orange, and even fewer look past the rockerverb, so i love some variety, and it's not like we're getting these anywhere else.
squeezenor

Postby carlaz » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:37 pm

I would definitely be a customer for any new Orange or "based on Orange" models. :) The current Rockerverb is still my standard "go to" starting point for rock and metal guitar tones, but I also use the OR120 model extensively for both guitar and bass.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby squeezenor » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:33 am

i keep rediscovering and finding secrets in the orange collection. right now, my favorites are the dual terror and the thunderverb, but that changes. they all have different strengths and weaknesses.

the ad200 is the best bass amp in amplitube. the or120 is like a darker, gainier plexi; it almost gets to high gain when boosted. the tiny terror is a hot rodded jcm 800. the rockerverb is the most modern best for dense mixes with other amps to bring the orange sound. the or 50 used to be my favorite for old school heaviness and doomy sounds. the ad30 does cleans well, but the dirt can be a little harsh for my tastes. the thunderverb is just the biggest sounding, for better or worse.

but they all have their place and i'm glad to have them all. never tried the or120 with bass. that's a new one. i could see it working to add gain in a bi amped set up for sure. would love to hear more tips and usage cases for everyone else out there.
squeezenor

Postby carlaz » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:56 pm

I've used the OR120 just by itself with bass (paired with just the PPC412 cab model!), and also as the top-end dirt with either another clean-set bass amp or just clean DI for the low end. I should add that using just the OR120 by itself for bass works mostly if you want a fairly driven bass sound! :mrgreen:

Weirdly, I feel like I haven't had as much success with the AD200 on its own, though I use it just to cover clean(ish) low end in bi-amp setups. (I wish there were some good ol' basic high-/low-pass EQ filters in the rack equipment for that sort of thing!)

However, I've used the Thunderverb happily for both guitar and bass. It can do dirt, it can do clean: it's all good!

Also weirdly, I probably haven't used the OR50 as much as I should! I'll have to do something about that. 8-)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling