white noise

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

white noise

Postby Allerious » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:04 pm

I've recently upgraded to AT5 and i'm fairly sure the white noise wasn't there for the first day or two. It's really bad now! All of the presets have this constant white noise.

I saw someone else with this issue who was told it could be AT5 hasn't been authorised in the UK product manager, but i've checked and it's saying it's authorized.

When i click on the some of the items in the AT5 set up (the image of the amp, pedals etc at the bottom of AT5) it says "This feature is only available in AmpliTube 5" and i'm provided a link to "UPGRADE NOW". This link takes me to a web page selling AT5. Not sure if this means anything regarding the white noise, but thought it worth mentioning.
Allerious

Re: white noise

Postby garfy » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:35 am

Hello Allerious

Allerious wrote:it says "This feature is only available in AmpliTube 5" and i'm provided a link to "UPGRADE NOW". This link takes me to a web page selling AT5.

This would suggest that your installed AT5 thinks it is not authorised, even though the IKPM says otherwise. First suggestion would be to de-authorise and then re-authorise in the IKPM and see if that kicks it into life.

Let us know if that fixes it.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Allerious » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:19 am

Okay i will give this a try. How do i de-authorise/re-authorise?
Allerious

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:36 pm

That can be done in the IKPM (IK Product Manager). Make sure that you Register / use the AT5 Serial Number, NOt the AT5 Custom Shop Serial Number.

You can see them in your User Area / my Products section on the IK Multimedia web site.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Allerious » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:02 pm

I can only see AT4 in the products section on the IK Multimedia web site. Is the upgrade to AT5 free if i own AT4? I've been under that assumption, but now i'm unsure.

A quick google has left me even more confused. Possibly it's free if AT4 purchased on/after 15th October 2020.

Also talk of upgrading to other version 'SE' or 'Max'. No idea what the these even are. :lol:
Allerious

Postby garfy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:15 am

Ok, so it sounds like you haven't upgraded to a paid version of AT5, is that correct? The upgrade is not free if you own AT4, so I suspect you have installed the free version of AT5CS, hence why features and gear are not all available to you.

Allerious wrote:Possibly it's free if AT4 purchased on/after 15th October 2020.

This was the case for anyone purchasing AT4 at around the same time as the AT5 announcement. If this includes you, you should contact the Sales Support team here...

This page details the differences between the 4 versions of AT5. Any paid for version of the app gets you the same features, the differences between SE, Standard and MAX is the amount of gear pieces. Here is the full comparison chart.

Hope that helps.
garfy

Postby Allerious » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:28 pm

Here are a few images. The first two are from the ikmultimedia.com website. The last one is from the IK Product Manager app.

AT5 CS:
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM ... zAbXa7MFLk

AT4:
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN ... vPGlIycTDc

AT5:
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... zcyHkDVmgK

With these images in mind, do i need to buy AT5 for it to work properly? If i do, then what is the third image all about?
Allerious

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:15 am

It looks like those images are only available to those with a Google Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Allerious » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:46 pm

Whoops. Here they are on imageshack instead.

AT5 CS: (IK website)
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/3811/JDus8E.png

AT4: (IK website)
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/4743/VPblyJ.png

AT5: (IKPM app)
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/4069/wHpdP8.png

So i'm kind of confused if i own AT5 at this point. I know i haven't paid any extra money since originally buying AT4. I'm unsure if i've been able to get AT5 for free though, seeing at it shows as installed and authorised in the IKPM app.

It doesn't appear in my products on the www.ikmultimedia.com website though. I have no idea what this means. In one place it seems to be suggesting i own it and the other i don't.
Allerious

Postby garfy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:58 pm

Hi Allerious

In the IKPM (3rd image) underneath AT5 there is a tab that says "Products." If you click on that it will tell you what products within the AT5 family you have installed/authorised. I suspect it will just say AT5 CS, as well as any other gear/gear packs you've owned previously.
garfy

Postby Allerious » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:45 pm

Correct:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/6436/otKwDO.png

Does this mean i don't own AT5 then? If that's the case, what does the 'authorized' next to AT5 represent?
Allerious

Postby garfy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:21 pm

Yes, this means that you don’t own a paid for (or part of a bundle) version of AT5.

The ‘authorised’ is for AT5CS version that you can see under products.

I’m not in front of my studio machine at the moment, but I think if you look in the preset browser there is a folder of presets called AmpliTube 5 CS. You should be able to use all of these without the white noise.
garfy

Postby Allerious » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:23 pm

Yes, folder called AmpliTube 5 CS. I was still getting the white noise in there.

I think maybe the problem i've been experiencing is because i need to put noise gates onto the presets. Once i do that it sorts the issue out. I need to do this on each preset though which is slightly annoying.

There's a particular sound i liked using in AT4. It's this one:
AmpliTube Free/Complete Rigs/Lead - Hi Gain/Lead Solo

I just went back to it in AT4 and notice it sounds quite different and i'm unsure why. It must have something to do with installed AT5 or the AT5CS. I have no idea how to get the original sound back. Any ideas what could have changed?

I found the break down of pedals/amp it uses and put them altogether in AT5, but again it doesn't sound like it originally did. More understandable in AT5 as i could easily have the dials set differently.

This is what the AT4 preset uses:
Diode Overdrive
Dime noise Gate (i think i must have added this)
British tube lead 1
4x12 Closed Vintage1
Digital Delay
Allerious

Postby garfy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:48 pm

Allerious wrote:I was still getting the white noise in there.

Could this white noise actually be amp hiss, like the discussion in this thread?

When you said white noise I took it to mean the noise of an un-authorised installation. Either way, I think we've got to the bottom of what version you're running, but if you want to double check you should contact the Sales Support as us forum mods do not have access to your user accounts.

Allerious wrote:There's a particular sound i liked using in AT4. It's this one:
AmpliTube Free/Complete Rigs/Lead - Hi Gain/Lead Solo

I've had a look at this preset in AT4 and it doesn't look as though it's an available preset in AT5. This is because in AT4 the amp model was made up of interchangeable pre, EQ and power amp modules (a throw back to an even older AT version) and not something that has been implemented in AT5.

Further, the sound you have tried to replicate by instantiating the various stomps, amps etc will sound different in AT5 as they have re-modelled all of the speaker cabs as well as the impedance interaction. If you really like that sound I'm afraid you will have to continue using AT4 to have it. The good news is that AT4 and AT5 can happily co-exist on the same system.

Hope that helps.
garfy

Postby GreenSteam666 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:16 pm

garfy wrote:Yes, this means that you don’t own a paid for (or part of a bundle) version of AT5.

The ‘authorised’ is for AT5CS version that you can see under products.

I’m not in front of my studio machine at the moment, but I think if you look in the preset browser there is a folder of presets called AmpliTube 5 CS. You should be able to use all of these without the white noise.

I am (trying) to use the CS version but the intermittent white noise won't go away. It's 'authorised" and I have custom shop open and I'm using the only the CS profiles...
GreenSteam666

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling