Upgrade from AT4 MAX to AT5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Upgrade from AT4 MAX to AT5

Postby Marathanz » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:24 pm

Hi everybody,

I’m seriously thinking about finally upgrading to AT5.
I own AT4 MAX plus the collections Fender 2 and Fulltone (that were both released after AT4 MAX). It can often be a bit confusing how it works with IK Multimedia, but I have now already figured out that I only need to buy the basic AmpliTube5 upgrade (€149,99) in order to have all the gear in AT4 MAX, plus my Fender 2 and Fulltone Collections unlocked and working in AT5. That’s awesome indeed.
But I was wondering one more thing: is it still possible to use AT4 MAX (+ extra collections) after the upgrade? Or will it then be exclusively AT5?
The reason I ask is, although I do realize that AT5 is superior to AT4, I am still happy with a lot of guitar sounds I crafted with AT4 in older projects that I still have to finish and mix and I don’t really want anything to change to those sounds. Plus, my system (MacBook Pro with Sierra/Cubase 10.5) is running perfectly smooth with AT4. I AM indeed planning to upgrade both my OS and my DAW (to Cubase 11) soon, but I still have to finish some projects for clients first. However, I don’t want to miss the discount offer for AT5, that’s running this month and I would also love to try it as well.
So, would AT4 (MAX) still work on my system after I upgrade to (and install) AT5?
Are they two different installs?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Marathanz
Marathanz

Re: Upgrade from AT4 MAX to AT5

Postby supanorton » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:13 pm

AT5 is a separate application. I'm currently working on a project with AT4 and AT5 on the same songs. I'm not sure how long IK will keep AT4 current, but it is working now.
supanorton

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:41 pm

You can carry on using AT4. But you will not be able to buy any new gear for AT4 in the Custom Shop. And, all of your AT4 gear models will be available in AT5 (even in the free At5 Custom Shop edition). They may sound slightly different (better :)) as the software base has been re-engineered.

If you buy AT5 you will get some new features and gear models. Have a look at the Comparison Chart, and the PDF, here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/index.php?p=versions
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Marathanz » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:31 pm

Hi Supanorton and Dark Star,

Thank you very much for your replies!

I’ll go for it then :)
Marathanz

Postby RomanPavlik » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:31 pm

DarkStar wrote:And, all of your AT4 gear models will be available in AT5 (even in the free At5 Custom Shop edition).

I have Amplitube 5SE. So if I buy Amplitube 4 MAX from someone else (license transfer), will all gear models in that AT4 MAX work in AT5 SE?
RomanPavlik

Postby garfy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:59 pm

RomanPavlik wrote:So if I buy Amplitube 4 MAX from someone else (license transfer), will all gear models in that AT4 MAX work in AT5 SE?

Yes.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling