AmpliTube 5 Going Silent in Cubase 11

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 Going Silent in Cubase 11

Postby Peacefield59 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:31 am

I have Cubase Artist 11 and have installed the free version of AmpliTube 5 to see what I think. While I like the tones, AmpliTube doesn't seem to be playing well with Cubase. Seemingly at random, a recorded track will fall silent. It took some time for me to realize that it was a track with the AmpliTube VST active. Turn off AmpliTube and my recorded track comes through.

In AmpliTube, the amp's power button in the amp screen is on, the effect button is active and the bypass is not active, neither the power nor the mute button on the tuner are active and there are no pedals to interrupt or interfere. The input graph at the lower left shows activity but the output graph in the lower right will not. I am not experiencing this with any other VST.

To be clear, this is a seemingly random event; it will stop working shortly after it was working. Restarting Cubase will sometimes solve the problem but sometimes not.

Brand new Windows 10 desktop, Intel i5 @ 2.90GHz, 8mb, 64bit.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts on a solution? Thanks.
Peacefield59

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling