master volume?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

master volume?

Postby Allerious » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:43 am

Is there a master volume like in AT4?

Every time i switch to a new preset the output volume reverts back to INSANELY LOUD volume. :lol:
Allerious

Re: master volume?

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:37 am

There is an Output level slider in the bottom right hand corner of the GUI.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Allerious » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:35 pm

Yep, problem i have is each time i change the preset i'm using, the volume (at the bottom right of the UI) reverts back to the highest setting.

I can turn it down on the irig, but thought there must be a way to do it in AT5 also.
Allerious

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:05 pm

The output should be set to a default normal/unity level unless the preset you load has a different setting. If you are not experiencing this, please report your issue to IK Support for further investigation.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lsabourin1@gmail.com » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:00 pm

Peter, it's insanely loud. Most presets are clipping. They could all come down to -6db or more in some cases
lsabourin1@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:11 pm

There are a lot of factors and sometimes things may not work exactly the same in every setup so you would need to change the output (or any other levels and settings) to work in your environment in these cases. You can save the preset over itself or as a new version once you tweak it to your liking. Rarely is any preset just grab and go, based on all of the external factors.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tgchan » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:08 pm

Can't be there an auto-limiter of some kind? To turn it on/off?

It is so annoying to adjust it after every single preset...

One thing I have noticed with bloody softwares is that you always have to fiddle with input/output shenanigans...

Input = okay I understand it. You set it up once and it's all good.

...but adjusting output for every change is just WTF? It should always go to the max without clipping and everything else should be optional/

Correct me if I am wrong somewhere.
tgchan

Postby juic3maN » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:46 am

I think when they set them up they use a single coil with the volume knob at about half. Every preset, pretty much, has to be adjusted. Watch any video demoing it and you'll see the same thing happening, first thing they do is turn it down to stop it clipping.
juic3maN

Postby Abikis » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:44 pm

I'll echo what others have said about 99% of presets either clipping or being incredibly close to clipping.

Yes we can edit and save them individually, but that's not a solution for how people actually use presets.

People scroll through presets to find something usable, or at least tweakable, playing a few chords/riffs on each until something sounds decent. With AT5 it's just not possible to do this, you spend more time getting presets to stop clipping than you do trying them.

Sometimes the issue with clipping is simply compressors with output set to high, turning them off solves the issue. How do presets like this even get released?
Abikis

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:08 pm

If you feel there is a global issue then please report it to IK Support. However, I'd leave off editorializing like "How do presets like this get released?" as they are definitely tested and there's no way that every preset is going to sit perfectly as soon as it is loaded on every system with all kind of different variables (including proper gain staging in one's particular setup).

This is also a gentle nudge to remember that we are to keep things civil here.

Edit - added emphasis since there was confusion as to why this thread was closed, please also review the forum rules when posting.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:36 pm

Topic couldn't remain civil one post beyond the above. Locking.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.

If you have an issue with your presets, IK Support is there to help. This forum is not a medium for technical support. Thank you.

Edit - another added emphasis.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling