how do i get my 'gear on trial' working in amplitube?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

how do i get my 'gear on trial' working in amplitube?

Postby Allerious » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:02 pm

I'm trying to get the 'One Vision - Solo' working in Amplitube. It mentions 5 models i need to get it working as intended.

I've visited the custom shop and clicked try on these models. I can now see them in 'Gear on Trial' of my custom shop account.

When i go back into Amplitube i'm still receiving the 'preset warning' saying these 5 models aren't installed. What do i need to do to get these models working?

I've tried closing the custom shop and Amplitube and restarting them to no avail.
Allerious

Re: how do i get my 'gear on trial' working in amplitube?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:07 pm

To try gear you would need to keep the custom shop application running in the background and you must be connected to the internet during the demo. Also, please make sure you are running the latest version of AmpliTube 5 (you can check if you need an update by opening IK Product Manager).

If this doesn't fix the issue you are having IK Support can assist you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:01 am

Is it possible that you have not done "refresh my gear" in the custom shop popup?
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Allerious » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:06 am

In the product manager it shows a 0 next to updates.

I'm using A4 though, so presumably i do need to upgrade. Is the upgrade to A5 free? I can't see how to get it for free if it is.

I can see it in the 'products' section of the ikmultimedia website. The only options available are 'try' or 'buy'.
Allerious

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 am

Hello Allerious

Since the current version is 5, you cannot trial gear in previous versions.

If you got to your User Area on the site, you will see there is the free AmpliTube 5CS version or you can follow this link to the product page.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Correct, you would need to use the current Custom Shop (2) and AmpliTube 5 in order to try or buy gear, as the previous version is only for maintenance tasks like restoring gear etc for those still using AmpliTube 4.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Allerious » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Okay, thanks for the help. I now have AT5 up and running. It's quite confusing though, as the UI has completely changed.

In AT4 i had access to loads of preset sounds. I can't see a way to access these in AT5. I only seem to be able to select individual amps/pedals etc.

For example in AT4 one of the presets i used was this:
AmpliTube Free/Complete Rigs/Lead - Hi Gain/Lead Solo

Is this not available in AT5? How would i go about recreating it if it's not available as a preset?
Allerious

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling