Compatibility issue?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Compatibility issue?

Postby rockinsane » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:55 pm

Hello!

Here is my setup:
I've bought Amplitube 4 last year (with iRig HD 2) and upgraded it to 5. Since then I have a new iMac that runs on Big Sur 11.3. My DAW is Reaper.

I've had many challenges since the Amplitube 5 update... Now I can see the window of the plugin but I have no sound when I try to record something in Reaper. The levels do not change.

I have checked the following:
Record monitoring is on, and my other plugins work properly. Everything seems to be fine in the preferences/Audio/Devices in Reaper, I can see the iRig there. My audio preferences in System Preferences/Sound of my Mac also are okay, iRig is there too.

It does work in the standalone version, but I want to use it as a vst in Reaper to record songs. (Could that be a compatibility issue with Big Sur? But I don't have the M1 chip...)

I hope someone who has the same setup can help me :) thanks!
rockinsane

Re: Compatibility issue?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:16 pm

Forget AmpliTube for the moment.

Can you record your guitar in Reaper? Make sure that Input Monitoring is turned on (for some reason that I do not understand, the default for Input Monitoring has been OFF for years).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling