Modded Cabs With No Back Panel

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Modded Cabs With No Back Panel

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:39 pm

Looking over the Hendrix Collection I just purchased I was reminiscing about some of the amps we used back in the early 70's. I remember we used to remove the back panel of the closed back cabs which gave me the idea that maybe IK could give us the option of having the stock closed cab or a quick 'modded cab' with the back removed. For myself I usually preferred to have the back panel off. And my bass player of course always left his on. Just a thought.
M.A.
Musical.Alchemy

Re: Modded Cabs With No Back Panel

Postby carlaz » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:58 pm

Put a version of the above post into the "Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist" thread. 8-)

IMO, the cab and speaker modeling are the "secret weapons" of AmpliTube, and new cabs and speakers and possibilities for tweaking these are very much to be welcomed.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Re: Modded Cabs With No Back Panel

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:27 pm

carlaz wrote:Put a version of the above post into the "Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist" thread. 8-)

IMO, the cab and speaker modeling are the "secret weapons" of AmpliTube, and new cabs and speakers and possibilities for tweaking these are very much to be welcomed.

Yea, I realized afterwards I posted in the wrong place :roll:

I agree about the cab and speaker modeling and do think it would really enhance AT5 with this option. And add some realism as that was a popular mod back in the day.
Musical.Alchemy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling