Amplitube 5 on IOS?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 on IOS?

Postby Darug2290 » Mon May 24, 2021 10:07 am

Will version 5 become available for IOS. I initially was going to use my surface go on stage with it, but I found sometimes took a bit longer to setup at practice, so I have started using a 6th Gen iPad. Unfortunately all the pedals I bought, don't seem to have transferred across to the Ipad, so my sounds are a bit limited.
I have the Stomp I/O Pedalboard, and I sometimes just don't think my Surface Go is up to it? I thought about loading Amplitube up on my Macbook Air (Mid-2013), which runs Mainstage, and I am unsure that will handle both at the same time. I am not in the market financially to buy an M1 non-upgradeable Macbook.
Darug
Darug2290

Re: Amplitube 5 on IOS?

Postby supanorton » Mon May 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Not sure about the Surface Pro, but you should know that the iOS and PC/Mac versions of AmpliTube aren't cross compatible. You would have to buy AmpliTube for iPad to use it.
supanorton

Postby Darug2290 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:46 am

That really is annoying, because I've paid for a product. The license should cover users of the previous version, or on other devices. Worse part is the purchases are only through the GREEDY Apple IOS store, so 30-40% of the money goes to Apple. I think I might be forced to upgrade my Surface instead. Otherwise, can I run AmpliTube 5 on a Macbook, that is already running Mainstage? I have a MB Air Mid-2013, which I think might struggle (It has trouble with the organ sounds as it is).
Darug
Darug2290

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 25, 2021 11:30 am

I disagree - the licence is for a particular product running on particular systems.

In theory there could be a licence covering PC/Mac. iOS and Android but it would be higher as the development streams are separate. And why would desktop users pay for an iOS and Android licences that they will never use? It is much better to keep them separate.

Similarly, the licence does not cover previous version. AT5 is quite different from AT4. And all licensed AT4 gear can be loaded in AT5.

As for the MAcBook / Mainstage system, the best thing to do is download and install the free AT5 Custom Shop and give it a test run. As mentioned above, all licensed AT4 gear can be loaded in AT5.

Having said that I would think that IK Multimedia is looking at a new version of AT5 on iOS. For a definitive answer, please contact Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 25, 2021 5:06 pm

It is similar to gaming. I don't get the 1000+ games I have in my Steam library on my Xbox or Switch for free, I also don't even get them in Epic, Bethesda, Battle.net, or other launchers on the same PC for free if I purchase the same game on Steam in most if not all cases.

These are different platforms sold on different stores. Apple set up their App Store as the only supported and official way to maintain apps on their ecosystem and that was their choice. We are not going to go around that or else we'd have no apps available for iOS.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby supanorton » Wed May 26, 2021 10:58 am

hbgmobile@gmail.com wrote:That really is annoying, because I've paid for a product. The license should cover users of the previous version, or on other devices. Worse part is the purchases are only through the GREEDY Apple IOS store, so 30-40% of the money goes to Apple. I think I might be forced to upgrade my Surface instead. Otherwise, can I run AmpliTube 5 on a Macbook, that is already running Mainstage? I have a MB Air Mid-2013, which I think might struggle (It has trouble with the organ sounds as it is).

In fairness, the iOS version of AmpliTube really is a very different app without many of the features that the PC/Mac version has.
supanorton

Postby 89bruin » Wed May 26, 2021 9:00 pm

Almost no developers offer free cross-platform apps between OSX and iOS. Sure, I’d love a freebe but there are development costs to creating an iOS app.
89bruin

Postby Darug2290 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:36 am

Looks like I'll continue using my Surface. One issue I had was the cable/dongle was calling grief. I have a new cable, which should improve things. Secondly I have Extended warranty on my Surface, so it will soon 'die', so I can use the money towards a Surface (or MB M1 Air).

Anyone had experience running Mainstage and AMplitube on an M1 Mac?
Darug
Darug2290

Postby Darug2290 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:38 am

supanorton wrote:
hbgmobile@gmail.com wrote:That really is annoying, because I've paid for a product. The license should cover users of the previous version, or on other devices. Worse part is the purchases are only through the GREEDY Apple IOS store, so 30-40% of the money goes to Apple. I think I might be forced to upgrade my Surface instead. Otherwise, can I run AmpliTube 5 on a Macbook, that is already running Mainstage? I have a MB Air Mid-2013, which I think might struggle (It has trouble with the organ sounds as it is).

In fairness, the iOS version of AmpliTube really is a very different app without many of the features that the PC/Mac version has.

Yes, very basic
Darug
Darug2290

Postby Darug2290 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:39 am

89bruin wrote:Almost no developers offer free cross-platform apps between OSX and iOS. Sure, I’d love a freebe but there are development costs to creating an iOS app.

Sorry, I'm just venting my grief and lack of knowledge, due to all the money I spent on the Stomp I/O, then the upgrades pack with some of my favourite guitarists sounds on there.
Darug
Darug2290

Postby peterswa » Sat May 29, 2021 12:38 am

I bought a used windows tablet and haven’t looked back. Much happier having everything the same at home and when I play out. It’s 100% identical vs two separate products/platforms.
peterswa

Postby Tymekz187 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:31 pm

Peterswa - so you have amplitube 5 windows version on a tablet? Thats genius. As an apple user that option didnt even cross my mind. I wonder if I could exchange my mac version of amplitube 5 for the windows version?
Tymekz187

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:47 pm

^^^
If you have the OSX edition then you have the Windows edition too. :)

Have a look in your User Area / My Products / AmpliTube 5 / Past Releases on the IKM web site. Then download /install the IK Product Manager to your tablet and install AT5. It will count as an additional authorization.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Tymekz187 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:18 pm

Thats amazing! Thanks!
Tymekz187

Postby Tymekz187 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:21 pm

I guess apple makes more money using different OS’s for their different platforms. Hooray for capitalism! :(
Tymekz187

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling